Join TexasGunTalk

OPEN CARRY CURRENT STATUS

Discussion in 'Texas LTC / CHL' started by leVieux, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jeepinbanditrider

jeepinbanditrider Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    The ultimate physical equalizer. Puts a 90 lb granny on the same footing as 200 lb criminal.

2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    I can identify with this. You get so used to the pistol on the hip...

toddnjoyce likes this.
  3. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually did that BEFORE OC was legalized several years back....on a jobsite and needed some parts, ran into a hardware store in Uvalde. Cool morning that had warmed up, so I had taken my jacket off. Local deputy was in the store as well.....he looked at me, glanced down at my waist with a little grin and obviously turned to "look at something of interest". When he finally turned back around, the shirt was over the gun. He just nodded and said "beautiful day, isn't it?"

4. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    That's called common sense law enforcement. Kind of a rarity these days.

Dad_Roman, BMF500, toddnjoyce and 6 others like this.
  5. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually pretty common in my experience, when BOTH sides are chill, things usually go well.

6. SlimJim

SlimJim Member

Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Next time someone asks, just say "I believe some chit is about to go down. I would leave if I was you."

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

7. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    I was told once, in Louisiana, that I'd be arrested by an "office deputy". I told him that it was not, and never had been illegal in LA, he stated that he'd arrest me, anyway. I figured that it was no use to discuss it further with an idiot.

satx78247 likes this.
  8. Reb58

Reb58 New Member

Dec 28, 2019
    US
    On occasion, I've seen guys OC at Krogers and this is in Houston, north of downtown. I didnt see any concern from anyone. And in most of these instances, full OC with OWB hip carry. Minimally 4 different times and 4 different men.

Havent noticed anywhere else except where you expect, near ranges in parking lots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. candcallen

candcallen Well-Known

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've slept with mine in an iwb holster before. But I've got a nice memory foam mattress and lots of numb spots from all the surgery.

I was a bit fluffier then too. Lol. I found that a bit of fat in the right spots is a great aid in concealing firearms. I have to be a bit more diligent at 220 lbs than I was at 350lbs. I cant ccw a bofors anymore.

TxStetson likes this.
  10. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    Another point, some of the OC'ers I've seen in both states have done dangerous things, like sitting back towards entrance door in a busy restaurant, obvious GLOCK in non-retention Fobus OWB. While CC'ing in Houston stores, I have twice felt a hand on my main belt weapon. The rig was completely non-visible to others. Once, I turned quickly, suppressing a slap/swat, only to see a little old 80-ish Lady looking bewildered. I have no idea what she thought she was doing with her hand on my hip & belt. I was so glad I hadn't reflexively hit her; would have been very difficult to explain. But I did really have "second thoughts" later. My training was to turn and slap. leVieux