Open Carry Experiences

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by locke_n_load, Jan 1, 2016.

1. locke_n_load

locke_n_load Well-Known

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Thought it would be cool for people to describe their OC experiences, if they choose to open carry.

I open carried in Chick-Fil-A today. It was a non-issue (as I expected). Everyone was friendly, didn't get any strange looks or anything like that.
    But as I left with my food, I heard the girl who gave me my food ask another employee what their policy for handguns was. I was already opening the door so I didn't stop to hear the conversation, but I debated going back to talk to them nicely. Instead I just kept walking out - I was polite the time I was there, said please and thank you, and no customers freaked out. I'm sure I was the first person OCing in there, and I think a few more encounters like that will show that they need not take any further action.
    Chick-Fil-A on 1960 and Atascocita Rd, Humble TX (near Houston).

2. The9thTitan

The9thTitan New Member

Nov 19, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    When the clock changed to 2016 last night.. I pictured thousands of Texans putting on their holsters and switching from Concealed to Open Carry at the stroke of midnight..

3. London

London The advocate's Devil. TGT Supporter

Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    My open carry experience has been very positive so far. Been to two thrift stores, a dollar store (can you tell I'm cheap?!) and Academy. Had a few conversations, employees have treated me nicer, and the two cops guarding the entrance to Academy couldn't have given a shit less. Overall impression I'm getting so far is most employees like having a good guy with a gun around. My experience with OCing in Roswell for a week was a lot less exciting, probably because everyone there is so used to it already.

At any rate, who would have thought carrying a gun would be a way to win friends and influence people? If you're in a rush then cover that gun because people WILL want to talk with you about it.

OC has very good potential to change the culture here for the better regarding firearms.

4. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    [​IMG]

5. RACER X

RACER X TGT Addict

Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    At Chic FIL A on 99, going to Walmart next

Finding my 1911 is getting in the way

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

6. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Went to my local Walmart, non issue.

7. BRD@66

BRD@66 Well-Known

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Absolutely (I hope).

8. Willy

Willy Well-Known

Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    My Whataburger in Red Oak is not 30.07 posted. I didn't take my jacket off till after I ordered. They may not have noticed when I got a refill, but I OC'd.

9. RACER X

RACER X TGT Addict

Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Drove by whataburger in richmond, S of Cinco no 30.07

Target in Cinco no 30.06 or 30.07

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

10. orbitup

orbitup overlapping backflap TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Hopefully they won't post.