• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Thought it would be cool for people to describe their OC experiences, if they choose to open carry.

I open carried in Chick-Fil-A today. It was a non-issue (as I expected). Everyone was friendly, didn't get any strange looks or anything like that.
    But as I left with my food, I heard the girl who gave me my food ask another employee what their policy for handguns was. I was already opening the door so I didn't stop to hear the conversation, but I debated going back to talk to them nicely. Instead I just kept walking out - I was polite the time I was there, said please and thank you, and no customers freaked out. I'm sure I was the first person OCing in there, and I think a few more encounters like that will show that they need not take any further action.
    Chick-Fil-A on 1960 and Atascocita Rd, Humble TX (near Houston).

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    My open carry experience has been very positive so far. Been to two thrift stores, a dollar store (can you tell I'm cheap?!) and Academy. Had a few conversations, employees have treated me nicer, and the two cops guarding the entrance to Academy couldn't have given a shit less. Overall impression I'm getting so far is most employees like having a good guy with a gun around. My experience with OCing in Roswell for a week was a lot less exciting, probably because everyone there is so used to it already.

At any rate, who would have thought carrying a gun would be a way to win friends and influence people? If you're in a rush then cover that gun because people WILL want to talk with you about it.

OC has very good potential to change the culture here for the better regarding firearms.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    OCing_zpszr2zxaxs.jpg

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    My Whataburger in Red Oak is not 30.07 posted. I didn't take my jacket off till after I ordered. They may not have noticed when I got a refill, but I OC'd.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Drove by whataburger in richmond, S of Cinco no 30.07

Target in Cinco no 30.06 or 30.07

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Non-event so far today, as it should be.

With the cold, I'm semi-OC'ing: OWB, but under outer jacket and holster hangs below jacket, partially visible.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Had 1 guy in the store today, that I noticed anyway, and nobody seemed to motice but me. And I only wanted to know where he got the holster.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    9618613ef38e2ff87008d77a1dfdff78.jpg

Thank you wifey for the photo. Went to Walmart for last minute eggs and milk for recipe. Wore fleece jacket over it not zipped. Figured I'd ease my way into open carry.

How do we arm the other 11??

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Did not OC today because the only place I went was IHOP and it was a spur of the moment thing. IHOP had no 30.06 (never had any in the past) or 30.07 signage.

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    I thought this holster was appropriate for the first day of legal OC. Went out to lunch at a restaurant in south Austin. Wore a jacket which I took off in the restaurant and as I hoped it was a non-event, just as is should be. I'll probably stick with concealed most of the time, but it's nice not having to worry about someone seeing my pistol and having to dress around my gun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      54 KB · Views: 1,076

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Tucked in shirt, jeans, holstered gun in the sunlight, not hidden by a jacket

Went to

Chic FIL A
    Walmart
    Home depot

Covered up at target, but I didn't see any 3006 or 3007

Drove by whataburger, no signs there either

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    And the number question being asked by men of their wives and girlfriends on January 1, 2016 in Texas is

" Honey. . . . Does this pistol make my ass Look fat?"

a24da5cd85377bc4a15cae7d34e319b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom