Open Carry Experiences

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by locke_n_load, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Savage20

Savage20 TGT Addict

Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Customer just told me, I like the fact that you carry a revolver.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Specifically a revolver, or that you carry period?

3. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    I carry a S&W 640 with a Barami Hip Grip about 90% of the time!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. Savage20

Savage20 TGT Addict

Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Sounded like he meant specifically a revolver

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

5. A & P Armory

A & P Armory Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Sounds reasonable to me too. And then I remember "A Few Good Men". "I specifically ordered those men NOT to give a code red." So, while their written policy might sound neutral and informative, I bet there was also a big sale on the 30.06/07 signs or some other spoken encouragement.

Likewise, it reminds me of the response I got from a local school district that said "We do not and cannot endorse a specific feed company or feed brand, so, no, you cannot solicit our students." (We have a feed store too). Then, two of my customers show me a handout they got in class that SPECIFICALLY mentions brands and stores for what to buy and where to buy it. After I called the school district and raised hell, our primary brand magically appeared on the current list.

So, taken in isolation, it appears the GHRA is neutral. But there sure was a rash of new, identical signs that popped up right after Jan 1.

6. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Husband noticed a bit of a kerfluffle when he OC at the Angleton Burger King today when he walked in, perused the menu and used a coupon for our 15 year old to grab some grub before college.

He said that there seemed to be some concerned people throwing some concerned attitude, and before he knew it, the manager was walking around on the phone, apparently telling some higher up, that he "thinks everything is all right." My husband asked him what was going on and apparently someone had called the chain. Husband and the manager had a civil conversation about the law (manager was clueless) and husband explained it all to him and the manager said the OC didn't bother him.

But wow. Maybe it will result in something signage wise. I hope not.

claymore504 likes this.
  7. RACER X

RACER X TGT Addict

Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Had a friend had the cops called in him in Buc-Ces in Texas city for OC

Cops came talked w him left

There’s a few of us the OC at Starbucks on post oak and westheimer, bike night we’d

One Sunday 3 outta 5 of us that were OC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

claymore504 likes this.
  8. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I have still yet to have anyone say anything to me while OC'ing, except for a few people asking questions about it (i.e. what is required, etc.)

jeepinbanditrider likes this.
  9. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Wow, WTF, people are clueless.

Vaquero likes this.
  10. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    couple weeks ago 1 or 2 people at a Walmart gave me some looks, same walmart I always go to. maybe i looked a little more scummy lol.

kroger tonight, not a single look.

I normally wear OWB with my shirt over, but lately have been tucking my shirt behind the grip for comfort, especially while driving.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

claymore504 likes this.