• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I personally think "open carry" is (a) foolish, (b) counter productive, (c) has the potential to make others uncomfortable, and (d) usually is a sign of someone who has some hidden "macho/Rambo" wannabe motivation. Not always, but usually. I personally would not want the "bad guy" to walk into the Luby's Cafeteria and see my 1911 hanging on my belt. My bet would that that might be the first one to catch a bullet. I want the "bad guy" to be guessing who might have a defensive weapon and be ready to use it at the first sign of trouble. I don't want someone sitting next to me to be upset and ruin their meal or whatever else they might be enjoying because I felt like being Wyatt Earp.
    To each their own but I believe part of your argument lies within the realm of screaming harpy spewing, "You only like/have guns because you have a small sausage". A compelling argument this does not make...for most of us. :laughing:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I personally think "open carry" is (a) foolish, (b) counter productive, (c) has the potential to make others uncomfortable, and (d) usually is a sign of someone who has some hidden "macho/Rambo" wannabe motivation. Not always, but usually. I personally would not want the "bad guy" to walk into the Luby's Cafeteria and see my 1911 hanging on my belt. My bet would that that might be the first one to catch a bullet. I want the "bad guy" to be guessing who might have a defensive weapon and be ready to use it at the first sign of trouble. I don't want someone sitting next to me to be upset and ruin their meal or whatever else they might be enjoying because I felt like being Wyatt Earp.
    What makes me uncomfortable is seeing people with rings in their nose, not guns. Why would people do that?

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Here in Fort Worth I rarely see anyone open carrying. I have open carried about 3 times as a social experiment. I was asked to take my gun to my car in Costco. There were no signs posted but it is in their terms of service. The net result is that I find open carry needlessly provocative. BTW I have been legally carrying concealed every day since 1994.
    Well said new guy.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Recall that the legality of OC is one entirely separate issue,

&

The advisability of OC is a very different concept.

Different circumstances call for different actions.

It is easy to understand why one person only wants to CC; buit why are they so upset by other person’s carry option ? Are they that INSECURE ?

leVieux

zackmars

Waging a holy war against direct blowback pcc's
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If you TRULY get a ticket as a result of a non-standard sign, an obscured sign, sudden changes in speed limits (speed limits may be reduced in no more than 15 mph increments except in school zones) request a hearing, take photos of the problem, grab a copy of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD) and go before the judge. You'll win.
    Yeah, it's definitely gotten better, but lots of speed traps are still around.

Not many people are going to go fight a ticket when it's several hundred miles away.

zackmars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Guns are so scary i dont even own any. Thats why i stick to  airsoft sorry too scary  nerf sorry too scary gel blasters sorry too scary...

Thats why i just play that anime game where you can see their butts when they crouch down

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    And I think that people that want so badly to hide their guns AND make presumptions about those who don't, are (a) sneaky, (b) dishonest, (c) cowardly, (d) inefficient, and they definitely have something to hide! I always assume that it is a sign that they are afraid of people knowing that they are "different" and have a fear of man.

Only half kidding. Most of y'all are probably fine, but yikes.

I open carried on my walk in Oak Cliff this evening. A older woman approached me and begged for help. Figured I'd go back home and bring a sack of groceries to her doorstep. No one bothered me and I didn't have any issues... My weapon didn't apparently scare her enough not to ask, and none of the other 8-10 people I walked past in any way made me feel unsafe even though it was late.

zackmars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I was told my 9mm was too scary and held too many rounds, so i got this much less frightening revolver instead.
    Milkor-MGL-AV140-01.jpg

No one has complained to me yet, so it must be working.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom