Open Carry Experiences

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by locke_n_load, Jan 1, 2016.

1. seeker_two

seeker_two Well-Known

Jul 1, 2008
    And that's the best thing about OC.....now people have an excuse to look at other people's butts.

2. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    OCed...kind of today. Wore a jacket since it was freezing! Went to the BBQ place in Cypress and was not impressed. Made the channel 2 news for about 3 seconds. Then went over to Burger King and no issue at all. Will CC most of the time, but it was nice to throw it on and not worry.

3. RetArmySgt

RetArmySgt Glad to be back. TGT Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Had one person get excited that she finally saw someone open carrying (was around 930pm) and wanted to take a picture. Had someone else get in line behind me and when I turned and he saw it he got a startled look on his face and went to a different checkout line.

4. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I ventured forth. Didn't get around to any open carry.

Saw no one in the humble area OC.

Academy. 1960. No signs. The guy manning the door said he saw 1 OC who was shopping for a holster

Walmart on Wilson road. No OC'ers. No signs

HB Steakhouse. No signs

www.TexasGunTrust.com

5. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Awesome holster. Where'd you get that one?

[​IMG]

6. Cogent Design

Cogent Design Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Man, lots of Chickfila eaters here!

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Active Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Coming back from Lake, nothing in various gas stations. Sadly, went to dinner at Rio Grande in Hutto. They used to have "unlicensed" signs and now they have 30.06 and 30.07. Back to the car, went in with an empty holster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    This was more of a learning day for me.

First: I learned how comfortable my new Safariland ALS (retention) holster is for all day carry. That was money well spent.

Second: although it was cold enough to require a jacket making open carry somewhat moot, for the first time actually didn't care if some one saw my handgun.

BTW, I carried my Sig Sauer P320C.

9. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Why would you do that? Is the food so good that you are willing to give up your primary method of defending yourself over? Is the food so good that if some troglodyte decided to come in and rob the place or worse, that he would get one whiff of the food and convert to Buddhism and adopt a life of pacifism?

10. GLI45

GLI45 Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    My son made it for me. It's a hobby for him so he made one for himself and me.