Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I went to my local Valero store that i go to regularly and notice a 3006 and 3007 sign. I went in and asked why they put the signs up ,they told me that the G.H.R.A organization came in and posted the signs. I explained what each sign meant and was able to get them to remove the 3006 but not the 3007. I'm going to call Texas
    Law Shield Monday and ask if this is even legal for them to post signs in stores and not explain what they mean.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

you got them to remove the 30.06? good for you! awesome

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Spring Creek not posted
    Dromgooles pens welcomed me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Went to the mall for over an hour, didn't see any OC. Went to a restaurant, none there either. Went to Petsmart and the grocery store, and still no OC visible. I never had a desire to OC, just stay concealed, but it's still nice to know it's an option if I want to.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The mall in corpus had signage at their main entrances but not from the anchor stores. They had ALOT of mall security on hand. And mall management perched where they could see the food court and their main entrances. Along with several officers in uniform.

They where ready.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, I got it out of my system today. I like the tshirt over it with just a little bit poking out. It's most comfortable that way out of my three options.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    The mall in corpus had signage at their main entrances but not from the anchor stores. They had ALOT of mall security on hand. And mall management perched where they could see the food court and their main entrances. Along with several officers in uniform.

They where ready.

I wonder if they had signs in the mall where the anchor stores transition to the mall. Surely they are otherwise I think they'd be opening themselves up to a lawsuit should an OC guy get arrested after entering thru an anchor store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I wonder if they had signs in the mall where the anchor stores transition to the mall. Surely they are otherwise I think they'd be opening themselves up to a lawsuit should an OC guy get arrested after entering thru an anchor store.

Lawsuit for what?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Just got back fromm Jim's. I OC'd a 1911 and no one seemed to notice. The only issue is that I have no hips and no butt so I had a hard time keeping my pants up. I might give suspenders a try.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Open carried yesterday at Shady Grove in Austin, along with Pet Smart, Tomlinson's, Academy Sports and the Valero on William Cannon, which wasn't posted with 30.06 or .07 like some others I've read about on TGT. Anyway, noticed a couple of folks do a double take at Tomlinson's, then move on. Otherwise, didn't see any old ladies clutch their heart and fall to the floor. No mothers swooped up their toddlers and ran out screaming. No bad guys targeted me first because they saw my H&K on my right hip.

BTW, Shady Grove is owned by the same folks that own Chuy's and only about one block away; but no 30.07 at Shady like there was a Chuy's yesterday. Go figure.

It's a miracle we made it home alive and in one piece

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

They where ready.

I happen to have full insight into that mall. The security staffing was normal for a Saturday. Attendance of customers was down yesterday, as is normal just after New Years. There was no "management" perched anywhere. They are off on Weekends. The Security Director works Saturday evenings most weekends. If by "officers in uniform" you mean police, there were exactly two, the same number always there on Saturdays.

We were not "ready" other than preparing the staff with the legal aspects and what to expect. I know license holders, and no one at this mall is worried.

La Palmera is managed by Trademark Property. Statewide they have decided to not permit open carry. They posted signs at public entrances to the mall as an advisory. As a matter of policy the Code of Conduct, posted at each entrance and throughout the mall, prohibits the possession of firearms. It is sort of like wearing a "**** you" shirt. We proscribe that, too; however, if you are wearing such a shirt concealed, we don't know and don't care. Same with your concealed handgun. However, the security staff will handle OC on an individual basis. The staff has little cards to hand out.

The signs do not meet the requirements of 30.07 since they are not at "every entrance", just the main public entrances to the mall. We know that.

Edit with a question; Are you the guy who went into the security office and asked a coupe of questions? Brown coat?

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would an OC guy get arrested for entering through an anchor store or any other entrance.

Top Bottom