• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Why would an OC guy get arrested for entering through an anchor store or any other entrance.

the only thing I can think of is for refusing to leave after being notified and then he still would have to make a butt out of himself but he could get a ride if he really wanted one.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Im half asian and I dont get lost. unless I gotta do a number 2 and one of the walmart restrooms are closed for cleaning :)

hate it when that happens, talk about taking away your rights. How about the rights to take a dump? Best thing to do is set down on one of those benches and concentrate all of your force onto your sphincter

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Why would an OC guy get arrested for entering through an anchor store or any other entrance.

Since the staff has cards to hand out that is different than just calling a LEO to handle the situation who may or may not know the law very well as it pertains to notice. It would be a case of assuming they were given notice since its on the mall entrances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Since the staff has cards to hand out that is different than just calling a LEO to handle the situation who may or may not know the law very well as it pertains to notice. It would be a case of assuming they were given notice since its on the mall entrances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The staff is well aware that the signs are not sufficient notice, as are the off duty officers. I am quite close with the PD, and CCPD is aware as well.

Security won't make a big deal out of OC, and neither will the cops as long as the OCer doesn't. ;) Security will ask people not to OC.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I happen to have full insight into that mall. The security staffing was normal for a Saturday. Attendance of customers was down yesterday, as is normal just after New Years. There was no "management" perched anywhere. They are off on Weekends. The Security Director works Saturday evenings most weekends. If by "officers in uniform" you mean police, there were exactly two, the same number always there on Saturdays.

We were not "ready" other than preparing the staff with the legal aspects and what to expect. I know license holders, and no one at this mall is worried.

La Palmera is managed by Trademark Property. Statewide they have decided to not permit open carry. They posted signs at public entrances to the mall as an advisory. As a matter of policy the Code of Conduct, posted at each entrance and throughout the mall, prohibits the possession of firearms. It is sort of like wearing a "$#@! you" shirt. We proscribe that, too; however, if you are wearing such a shirt concealed, we don't know and don't care. Same with your concealed handgun. However, the security staff will handle OC on an individual basis. The staff has little cards to hand out.

The signs do not meet the requirements of 30.07 since they are not at "every entrance", just the main public entrances to the mall. We know that.

Edit with a question; Are you the guy who went into the security office and asked a coupe of questions? Brown coat?

Security director counts as management to me. He have folks working for him? Was that you?

Nope I didn't ask about brown coats, I did ask if someone had turned my wife's phone a couple times. My wife put it down then forgot it in the play place.

And that was normal staffing? Where do they all normal hide? I must have seen a dozen folks. Normally I see 2-3. And we spend a lot of time smelling those cookies at the play place.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Don't call me Shirley.

i-see-what-you-did-there-meme.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Had to run to Walmart, found myself looking at people's right hips to see if they were carrying. Not surprisingly, the first person I saw doing so was a guy at the counter in the gun section. Made me smile. I didn't notice anyone else, but for some reason everyone seemed nicer. I did have my XD on my hip but with rain I had my jacket over it most of the time...

I'm left handed, gun is on my left hip.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Security director counts as management to me. He have folks working for him? Was that you?

Nope I didn't ask about brown coats, I did ask if someone had turned my wife's phone a couple times. My wife put it down then forgot it in the play place.

And that was normal staffing? Where do they all normal hide? I must have seen a dozen folks. Normally I see 2-3. And we spend a lot of time smelling those cookies at the play place.

Lol... I didn't mean did you ask about brown coats. I meant were you wearing a brown coat and went into the security office?

I was there yesterday. I always look out from the second level. :)

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Lol... I didn't mean did you ask about brown coats. I meant were you wearing a brown coat and went into the security office?

I was there yesterday. I always look out from the second level. :)

So totally misread that, figured you'd had a long day. Lol.

Just need to watch the local Facebook gun pages to make you doubt the common sense of most folks.

I'm also glad to know the intent of the "code of conduct" signs. I always wondered what would happen if some mall security guard would do if for some reason they noticed I was carrying. If you're somewhere running the place I feel a lot more comfortable that they'll be appropriately trained.

Top Bottom