• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I think the LEO's complaining are those big city liberal police chiefs. There isn't much stupid out in the sticks.
    Military Camp

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Coop45,

YEP. And further here in Texas we have FEW "leftist morons" wearing blue. = HYSTERICAL FOOLISHNESS & STUPIDITY in police chiefs is MUCH more common in DAMNyankeeland.

yours, satx

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Mexican_Hippie,

As a member of The House of Lords said in the 19th century: It is a sad thing to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.

yours, satx

Sam Clemens was spot on, wasn't he?

mark-twain-author-it-could-probably-be-shown-by-facts-and-figures-that-there-is.jpg

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    For example, you can worship a religion that believes in human sacrifice, but you just are not allowed to actually do the human sacrifices.

Originally, laws were for punishing those after they performed unacceptable actions (and hopefully deterring others from performing those same actions). It has slowly devolved into punishing those who even *think* about unacceptable actions. George Orwell was right in 1984, he was just a bit off on the date.

I believe the 2nd Amendment is absolute. I believe that the Founding Fathers intended for all free men to be able to own/bear any and all arms. Yeah, that even includes the bat-excrement crazy ones and the ex-felons. We can't restrict a natural born right, but we can punish them if they abuse that right. I don't care if the ex-felon uses and ax or a gun to murder someone -- he should get the same punishment either way. Punish the ACTION, not the TOOL used to enable the action.

100% agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Police don't get to make laws, just enforce them. If they don't like OC they need to suck it up and drive on.

Also, they should be appropriately trained and funded. That was already a problem even before OC. Maybe if they fired some of the lawyers and beuracrats they could make the police budget work better.

Agreed!

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Another quote from him that is still quite relevant is, "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

He would look great on a t-shirt :laughing:

G.K. Chesterton
    Gilbert_Chesterton.jpg

That is hilariously true!

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    SATX, I appreciate you bringing forward the information about the war of northern aggression. Only a couple acronyms did I have trouble with, but the facts are researchable.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    In defense of life and liberty, and property, yes. It is a last resort, but it is technically legal if necessary.

Murder (to kill another with evil intent)? No. But to use deadly force to stop another's criminal activity? The law allows for that. In other words, shoot to stop. If the BG dies, it's on him.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    monkeywrench,

WHICH did you have trouble with??
    (IF you had trouble, you likely aren't the only one.)

That also means that I was far from clear.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    shn,

TRUE. - Defense is sometimes killing BUT it is FAR from MURDER, which is a CRIMINAL killing of another person and absent just cause.

yours, satx

Last edited:

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    monkeywrench,

WHICH did you have trouble with??
    (IF you had trouble, you likely aren't the only one.)

That also means that I was far from clear.

yours, satx

PACSA, and DYs now looking I read those as People's Army of the Confederate States of America, and Damn Yankees. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think sleeping on it, re-reading, and you reminding me to think about it triggered it.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It boils down to people being responsible for the decisions they make. In regards to Open Carry what the legislature should do is force a bit of responsibility.
    If you are a business that allows/encourages your customers to come and patronize your business, yet you also lawfully prohibit them from possessing tools of self defense. Then you as the business should be responsible for the security/safety of the customers while they are on you premises.
    To include security for the parking lot where the said tools of self defense must be left while the now defenseless customers go and spend their money in the business. It's not asking too much of these chicken sh*t business owners.

Top Bottom