• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Help me understand here, I am trying to be unbiased, I have tried to join OCT a few times but never got a chance due to time restriction. But I did observe them personally a few times in Arlington, and I never anyone fear, or try to hide, or any indications that they were instilling fear in common people. Infact I observed what they were trying to was being achieved at some point and that was "people getting used to see other people open carry"

Now I would definitely agree that walking into stores would be a little bit intimidating to businesses, but politically
    1. On one side we have MDA and other bloomturd funded .orgs who literally threaten businesses, do not understand the logic or the rights. Or are typical libtards.

2. We conservatives who believe that actions of OCT are harming our side, and we have to be calm collect and very sober and work politicians and people who can pass the law.

Now my question is lets say the law is passed and open carry of handguns become legal. How long before .orgs like MDA dont make businesses post 30.06 or intimidate them enough to stop catering people who exercise their rights. Which they are already doing right now

Just thinking out loud.
    Military Camp

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Now my question is lets say the law is passed and open carry of handguns become legal. How long before .orgs like MDA dont make businesses post 30.06 or intimidate them enough to stop catering people who exercise their rights. Which they are already doing right now

In the past, anti-gun orgs in Texas have been nearly non-existent. Not true anymore. MDA is way out ahead, and trying to end-run us. We might win OC, but they are working hard right now to make sure are no places to OC. They have several victories behind them. They are trying to get Target to ban carry, but Target has resisted. All we need is one ND or OC event at Target and they will probably change. I am sure there list includes many, many more businesses.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If handgun OC gets passed and bloomtard's lemmings see someone open carrying a holstered handgun, they can bitch whine and talk a long walk off a short pier. That's just a law abiding citizen responsibly exercising his rights. As long as people act responsibly the gungrabbers have no real argument for repealing OC and businesses can choose their own policy. If they decide to refuse service to OCers it's their loss.

On the other hand, if bloomturd's minions see some mouthbreathing OCT imbecile pulling out his handgun in Taco Bell, waving it around, posing with it, and acting like a general ass... How is that behavior defensible in any way?

These open carry cretins need to remember they are not at a gun range, gun show, or pawn shop and behave before they torpedo every progun bill in the works.

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    If handgun OC gets passed and bloomtard's lemmings see someone open carrying a holstered handgun, they can bitch whine and talk a long walk off a short pier. That's just a law abiding citizen responsibly exercising his rights. As long as people act responsibly the gungrabbers have no real argument for repealing OC.

Isn't that what OCT is doing right now "law abiding citizen responsibly exercising his rights" ? I not being biased, but just trying to understand the situation as to why there is an objection to exercising their rights ? Again I do agree the stupid move of marching into stores, but really I dont see anything change even if the law is passed. We still have MDA on our asses.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Isn't that what OCT is doing right now "law abiding citizen responsibly exercising his rights" ?

No they aren't. They're finger fucking their guns. Striking poses for photos. Brandishing. Scaring away other clientele.

Like I said the rules of behavior in a restaurant are different than the rules for a gun range, gun show, gun shop, machinegun shoot or out in the desert/woods/whatever. Since these 'rallies' are by definition PR events they need to keep that thought drilled into their miniscule minds before they further damage their supposed cause.

True brady and mda will always complain, but do people on 'our side' really need to give them legitimate gripes to bolster their argument?

I'd rather they had nothing but 'streets will run with blood' 'machineguns for sale from ice cream trucks' hyperbole that people can easily dismiss as hysterical ravings than photographic and video evidence of OCers misbehaving with firearms in public.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    One is an OCT supporter the other is a cop killer. If you have not correctly decided who is who by end of this sentence, you are dead.

FirefoxScreenSnapz072_zpsf5f4d560.gif

CanadianGunman_zpse4209fc6.gif

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Emotions are running high here. Jackassery or not... The only question that should be asked is "Did he do anything illegal (or against the Constitution)?" if he did, argument against is valid... If he didn't... Move along folks nothing to see here.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    If I'm not mistaken this is all about getting open carry of handguns. The best idea I've heard yet has been to wear an empty OWB holster. Maybe with a training (blue plastic) handgun or obvious toy gun in it. This would be much more likely to bring up the subject for polite conversion about the topic in a nonthreatening way with the general public at large. Anyone can do it anywhere they go. Showing their support and raising awareness without scaring the hell out of everybody and their kids. I don't recall who here bought up this idea but it sounds like the smartest way to go. We could all protest everywhere everyday all day. For some of us it would be good practice for real OC one day.

Last edited:

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    If I'm not mistaken this is all about getting open carry of handguns. The best idea I've heard yet has to wear an empty OWB holster. Maybe with a training (blue plastic) handgun or obvious toy gun in it. This would be much more likely to bring up the subject for polite conversion about the topic in a nonthreatening way with the general public at large. Anyone can do it anywhere they go. Showing their support and raising awareness without scaring the hell out of everybody and their kids. I don't recall who here bought up this idea but it sounds like the smartest way to go. We could all protest everywhere everyday all day. For some of us it would be good practice for real OC one day.

+1

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Maybe not a toy gun. Keep in mind it is not a toy. NO shootout in the toy isle!!! Remember the point we are trying to get across.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If I'm not mistaken this is all about getting open carry of handguns. The best idea I've heard yet has been to wear an empty OWB holster. Maybe with a training (blue plastic) handgun or obvious toy gun in it. This would be much more likely to bring up the subject for polite conversion about the topic in a nonthreatening way with the general public at large. Anyone can do it anywhere they go. Showing their support and raising awareness without scaring the hell out of everybody and their kids. I don't recall who here bought up this idea but it sounds like the smartest way to go. We could all protest everywhere everyday all day. For some of us it would be good practice for real OC one day.

+2 Blue or orange training gun in a holster would be more effective, less toxic, and less illegal than Granny, Fatty and Snowboots brandishing a rifle with an inserted magazine in ready position in a restaurant.

It's a wonder Snowboots didn't get arrested for carrying a weapon in a manner calculated to cause alarm.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Didn't that one jackass on here say they had permission and such? Sapper something or other I think.
    I'm sure a man of your courage and conviction will have no qualms about calling me a "jackass" to my face should we ever meet?

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Emotions are running high here. Jackassery or not... The only question that should be asked is "Did he do anything illegal (or against the Constitution)?" if he did, argument against is valid... If he didn't... Move along folks nothing to see here.

Yes, but you don't understand the need of some to vociferously condemn that which they don't understand, fear, or disagree with.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Yes, but you don't understand the need of some to vociferously condemn that which they don't understand, fear, or disagree with.

I guess you're right, I don't. This line of aggressively attacking those you think are below you is exactly what those whom attempt to take our guns away are doing. Name calling provides nothing in advancement.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I'm sure a man of your courage and conviction will have no qualms about calling me a "jackass" to my face should we ever meet?

On this particular subject yeah, you open carry guys are acting like attention starved jackasses.

I promise you I'm about the most pro-gun, small gov't person, you will ever find. Every single time you people pick a corporation to be your rallying cry it bites you in the ass. STOP before open carry of rifles is banned by default because every damn private company in the state is tired of the stupid. The carrying of long arms is legal here already, all you are doing is giving them reasons it should be banned. If you want to protest go do it in front of LEO offices and the legislatures and stop dragging private companies into this garbage. Go strap a hunting rifle on your back and go grocery shopping in pairs or trios might be a bit better than a dozen people posing for pictures with ARs and Bubba'd SKSs waving flags and being on the equivalent of a gay pride festival.

I still don't get wtf open carry of long guns which is legal has to do with open carry of pistols. If nothing else you are supplying the anti-gun people with pictures of stupid junk they can expect to see if open carry of pistols is legalized.

This isn't an opinion pulled out of thin air, if it was working you wouldn't have the rest of the gun community jumping down on the approach. In my opinion carrying an automatic Tavor & an Uzi while picking up some dynamite at the local hardware store to clear out the burrows of the endangered rodents that are eating your garden should be legal but look at the results so far of your approach vs the results gained by using the ballot box.

I'll refrain from throwing out names going forward and we're going to have to agree to disagree on this thing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom