• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    If the drop leg connects to the belt, its good to go. That's what I was told. don't know why you would want to....
    I just spoke with a police officer about this yesterday here in San Antonio. He said the law states it must be connected to your belt. It does not say how or how much. You could have an ankle holster as long as a piece of it touches your belt.

I've been open carrying for a couple weeks now. Haven't had anyone say a thing save for a couple gun enthusiasts happy to see someone doing it.
    Guns International

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I just spoke with a police officer about this yesterday here in San Antonio. He said the law states it must be connected to your belt. It does not say how or how much. You could have an ankle holster as long as a piece of it touches your belt.

I've been open carrying for a couple weeks now. Haven't had anyone say a thing save for a couple gun enthusiasts happy to see someone doing it.

Well no duh. Exactly what I have been saying. Lol

www.TexasGunTrust.com

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I would agree. It is a mockery of the belt holster language.

Technically, it falls into the description of belt holster.

The perception is that it is not.

In this case, the perception would get you arrested

www.TexasGunTrust.com

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Look. It's simple. It attaches to the belt. A prosecutor is going to have a hard time getting around that simple glaring fact.

A practical difficulty rears its ugly head. The prosecutor may have a hard time getting around it (depends on if the jury has the desire to hammer an OCer regardless as a nut) but you have now paid thousands in legal fees even if you win, have spent time in with manly men behind bars, and may no longer be employed.

Is it worth it for a tacticool rig?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Legal. If worn on a belt.

Illegal if stuck in the waste.

www.AtomicLabRat.com

I'd proffer that was the intent of the legislators. A proper legal review would include reviewing letters and statements on the intent of the legislature, as well as previous case law on the subject in Texas and non-texas jurisdiction, if it went up the appellate food chain.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That is the craziest thing about the state of Texas. Just because it says something in plain English in the law does not mean that that's what it means if a liberal Democratic anti-gun anti open carry judge is reviewing it

www.AtomicLabRat.com

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    A practical difficulty rears its ugly head. The prosecutor may have a hard time getting around it (depends on if the jury has the desire to hammer an OCer regardless as a nut) but you have now paid thousands in legal fees even if you win, have spent time in with manly men behind bars, and may no longer be employed.

Is it worth it for a tacticool rig?
    In this case you would not be arrested

www.AtomicLabRat.com

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    If a prosecutor is trying to make a case, you've already been arrested and are now writing checks to your lawyer.

Well in theory you could be arrested for any reason or no reason and have to fight a legal battle. Somehow I don't worry about it. This what if stuff is like a dog chasing it's tail.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom