• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm starting to get a message.

It's ok to open carry, if the following conditions are met.

College education with a degree in public speaking
    Must not be overweight
    Dress code enforced. Slacks and jacket required, tie optional but preferred
    Must provide proof of residence in a metropolitan area
    Proof of income required, must be in top 10%

From another forum:

Frickin learn something from the Progressives. Did they get the gay agenda pushed thru using spokesman like that Mutt and Jeff carrying a mini-14 and and AR into that restaurant recently? Those OCers are the transgendered and gay parade in a thong equivalent in the gun community. You don't lead with them, they are what follows. You think suburban moms would be Ok with gay marriage if the Village Indian were flashing his junk at the local Taco Bell like those two mental midgets were with their guns.

You lead with non threatening "Will and Grace" and "Ellen" depictions of gun users. Strong women who can defend themselves from abuse husbands. Veterans who defend their families. Minorities protecting themselves when big city mayors won't.

I get OCers, you're here, your 'queer' and we should all accept you. How about we get the 'civil unions' of national CCW first and try to get sporting rifles off the endangered species list before you creepy guy from "Silence of the Lambs" everyone.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    LOL! That's awesome.

Vaquero I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is that people are shallow and will vote based on how we look and carry ourselves.

If everyone out there is a fat old white guy in a 'Merica T shirt people in general are not going to connect with them. You gotta remember that even in Texas lots voted for Obama because it "felt" right. There are tons of emotional voters that can't sort through and make objective decisions. They're going to vote with how the feel at the time.

Its not right but its where we're at in America.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ok.
    I'm gonna ride the bench.
    Y'all bring the polish.

Tell me. Who do I put my support behind?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Tell me. Who do I put my support behind?

George Lavender, the guy who will sponsor the bill. He has done all the heavy lifting. He had the votes for OC to pass last session, but a procedural rule prevented it from being discharged from Committee for a full vote. He must be re-elected.

Note also Dewhurst is gone; Patrick is in. It appears we will know be able to get the bill discharged from committee. Two years of effort to align the ducks for this simple slam dunk are at risk due to OCT.

I know the OCT crowd means well, but the simple matter is they are fucking stupid when it comes to knowing how a bill gets passed.

The irony is they will take full credit for their actions being what got it passed, and will take no blame and continue to blame NRA/TSRA if it does not. Ignorance is bliss.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Well, according to the news report, Home Depot has had their say.
    Corporate spokesman Stephen Holmes said that while Home Depot allows customers to carry legally permitted weapons into its stores, “we do not allow solicitation or organizing by third parties on our property.”
    The Open Carry supporters were not asked to move on Saturday. But should they return for another rally, Holmes said, “we’ll remind them of that policy.”

Further, they apparently planned to hold a raffle. When instructed that it might be illegal, they chose to do it anyway.
    Police, who monitored the event for safety reasons, spoke to group organizers about the raffle before the demonstration, informing them that it could be in violation of the state’s statutes.
    The group went on with their raffle. Some of the prizes included T-shirts, revolvers and ammunition

Top Bottom