Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    No Austin?? Good.

I guess they figured marching in Austin would be preaching to the choir. I can guarantee there will be a bus load or two of Austin Demanding Mommies™ at the other cities. Can we get a few car loads of firearms owners willing to counter their message?

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I may be available for the Houston event on the 8th! Would like to see a show of hands from others who may attend!! Not trying to be Homer Simpson here but I would like clarification on the LTC laws about participating in a lawful demonstration with a sidearm. I'm assuming I'm not jeopardizing my license but just checking!! Thanks in Advance!!

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    I may be available for the Houston event on the 8th! Would like to see a show of hands from others who may attend!! Not trying to be Homer Simpson here but I would like clarification on the LTC laws about participating in a lawful demonstration with a sidearm. I'm assuming I'm not jeopardizing my license but just checking!! Thanks in Advance!!

You are good to go from a legal standpoint. The organizers of the march are requesting sidearms only but have said no one with a long gun will be turned away. I'm sure there will be enough open carry that you won't feel alone.

Bring your family and show that an armed society is a polite society. While we won't turn away any lawfully armed individuals, we do ask that you only carry your holstered pistols to these events. We will meet at Little Tranquility Park, just northwest of Tranquility Park.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I know this is going to be an unpopular position. I am all in favor of the counter protests, but they should be dressed appropriately, have meaningful signage, educational material, and not be carrying openly. The news media will only focus on those dressed in camo, slinging an AR or AK, even prominent sidearms. That only serves to convince those that are on the fence, those that are not part of the firearms community that we are the problem. The positions that some groups of firearm supporters take to express our position by flaunting guns does not advance our cause. Those tactics may work for LGBT, civil rights, etc, but does not work when the media is against you.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    I know this is going to be an unpopular position. I am all in favor of the counter protests, but they should be dressed appropriately, have meaningful signage, educational material, and not be carrying openly. The news media will only focus on those dressed in camo, slinging an AR or AK, even prominent sidearms. That only serves to convince those that are on the fence, those that are not part of the firearms community that we are the problem. The positions that some groups of firearm supporters take to express our position by flaunting guns does not advance our cause. Those tactics may work for LGBT, civil rights, etc, but does not work when the media is against you.
    That's some smart thinking

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'll be concealed carrying as I do everyday, though I will be sporting some sort of colors.
    I'm going to attend in hopes of boosting numbers and show there is an up and coming generation they will need to contend with.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County

Unpopular with some, perhaps, but I like to think we as a group are open minded enough to refrain from calling for anyone who disagrees with 100% of our views to be burnt as heretics.

You make some excellent points and they can be leveraged to get the 2A message across. Yes, the media will likely focus most of their attention on the most outlandish spectacle they can find. Use that to make sure your clear and thoughtful signs are in the background of their cameras. They may be able to edit interviews to twist words their way but they cannot edit a video segment to remove an upstanding citizen with an easily read sign.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Unfortunately I will not be in town for this. Dang it!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom