Join TexasGunTalk

Open Carry Texas raising funds for a legal challenge

Discussion in 'Activism' started by OFFascist, May 11, 2019.

1. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Subscribed.

2. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

I support their cause, but am cautious of them.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So what are they appealing? What did the bad cop do this time?

V-Tach likes this.
  4. OFFascist

OFFascist Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I read somewhere that this is the case for one of the guys at Olmos Park. IIRC the guy was carrying a fake plastic Glock while protesting the police for previously harassing open carriers.

At some point he went to the Shell gas station to buy a drink, he didn't notice the 30.07 sign or ignored it because he wasn't actually carrying a gun. The clerk noticed and told him to leave, which he did so immediately.

The Clerk called the police. The police talked to the guy but they never asked to see his "gun," nor did they charge him with anything. Weeks later he was arrested on a warrant for a Class A misdemeanor, they alleged he didn't leave when the clerk told him to.

If the gun had been real at worst it should have been a Class C misdemeanor since he left when asked, and it would not have resulted in the loss of his LTC. What likely happened was the police noticed the gun wasn't real, and knew if they tried to arrest him on the spot the case would have gone nowhere. They waited till later to muddy the waters.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    jordanmills likes this.
  5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How much of that is fact? How do you know what is fact?

What was the warrant for, what facts supported an arrest warrant? If this is for an appeal, dude must have been convicted

What I see here is people who have already decided what happened, then make statement to support that without knowing facts

Southpaw, majormadmax and V-Tach like this.
  6. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    CJ was (and still is) a dickhead and deserved everything that happened to him and more.

You're claiming that is any reason to support OCT is exactly the reason I don't!

And just in case you forgot, OCT almost killed open carry in this state. You can tell CJ exactly that the next time you see him!

7. OFFascist

OFFascist Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    What I know for a fact is that all gun laws are infringements, and if I had unlimited resources I would setup a fund to pay for the legal expenses to fight every gun charge through to the bitter end.

That being said I did go back and find this video from the guy who this case is dealing with. His explanation starts at about the 9min mark.

I haven't seen the paper work on this case, but previously someone released the arrest affidavit when CJ and Jim Everard were arrested at Olmos Park and what was written didn't match with what the videos showed. Since Olmos Park PD has lied before its reasonable to not trust them. Police lying an affidavits is a serious problem.

8. OFFascist

OFFascist Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    So you think it is reasonable that someone who asserts their rights should have force used against them, be charged with a crime, and be thrown in jail?

What in your opinion did OCT do, that almost got open carry killed?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    jordanmills likes this.
  9. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Jesus. I hate agreeing with MMM on anything but I will take this one.

They ( or their Corey Watkins branch) are the tantrum throwing douchenozzles that acted like fools in Poncho Nevarez’s office causing a shit ton of bad press for OC.

We had a shot at permitless OC before OCT’s antics in his office but got LTC instead. ( a pretty good salvage but damn)

Poncho now chairs the committee that hears most of the gun bills.

OCT did not think long game and their antics back then are biting us in the butts now.

majormadmax and jar like this.
  10. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I've seen the video, and am posting it for everyone else to see. The entire situation could have been easily resolved had he not been a total douchebag, but that's his game. He failed to comply with the officer's legal authority to disarm him, and that is what got him in trouble. There is no way you can convince me otherwise.

OCT has done more to harm gun rights in Texas that it has advance them. In fact, I cannot see one instance where they have actually done anything other than try to draw attention to themselves. The are drama whores, actually do more harm than good.

We would all be better off if CJ and OCT just went away, and left the championing of gun rights to the adults.