• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    They are trying to raise $2500 over the weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/1SGCJGrisham/posts/2216692101772013

Under Texas law, an individual will lose their right to carry a firearm based on nothing more than an arrest for a class b misdemeanor or higher, regardless of guilt or innocence. Law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges have used this unconstitutional provision to strip Texans of their right to keep and bear arms for nearly 25 years unopposed.

No crime has to be committed, but the moment that a police officer arrests and individual and takes them to jail, License to Carry (LTC) holders IMMEDIATELY lose their license to carry. Without an LTC, Texans are prohibited from exercising their natural right to self-defense under Texas law. We have had several cases where individuals were arrested by bad cops and charged with bogus crimes only so have those cases drag on for over a year before charges were dropped. Throughout that time, the individual is ineligible to carry a firearm even if the charges are not gun related or violent.

We have a change to take a current case to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, but we need to quickly raise $2500 to do so! We are coming into this case late, so time is of the essence. Please donate NOW!

No Texan should lose their right to keep and bear arms simply because a cop got an attitude and wanted to "teach someone a lesson." We still have a right to due process in this state and country, but current Texas law violates that. The "you can beat the rap, but you're not going to beat the ride" mentality must end and you can help!

We had hoped to get this law changed this legislative session, but Speaker Bonnen has killed every effort to do so. The only way we will get this law changed now is through the courts.

We need to raise this money THIS WEEKEND so that we can get the appeal filed before it's too late! Our attorney, Millie Thompson, is eager to take this to court and is taking this case pro-bono, but we need to cover her filing and other expenses.

Please go to www.opencarrytexas.org now and make a donation. In the notes, please put "LTC Due Process Appeal" so we know where the money is going. You can also PayPal donations to admin@opencarrytexas.org or mail a donation to:

Open Carry Texas
    3809 S. General Bruce Dr.
    Ste 103-101
    Temple, Texas 76502
    Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Anytime I hear OCT use the terms "bad cops" and "bogus crimes," I remember why I don't support them no matter what cause they choose to jump on.

There are much better pro-gun organizations in Texas to support. Share your money wisely!

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    What is the money needed for?

We need to raise this money THIS WEEKEND so that we can get the appeal filed before it's too late! Our attorney, Millie Thompson, is eager to take this to court and is taking this case pro-bono, but we need to cover her filing and other expenses.

I don't know for certain who's case they are working on, but if I had to guess it is probably one of the guys who was wrongly arrested at either Olmos Park or Leon Valley.

Anytime I hear OCT use the terms "bad cops" and "bogus crimes," I remember why I don't support them no matter what cause they choose to jump on.

Why, do you think those things don't exist? OCT probably would not have existed if not for what a bad cop did to CJ out on some random country road.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    What is the money needed for?

"We need to raise this money THIS WEEKEND so that we can get the appeal filed before it's too late! Our attorney, Millie Thompson, is eager to take this to court and is taking this case pro-bono, but we need to cover her filing and other expenses."

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    So, the money is needed for filing fees?

Well it says for that and other expenses (maybe travel costs, parking, etc). Presumably the lawyer is doing the work for free, but does not want to pay out of her own pocket for any other costs.

I believe this is the lawyer mentioned.
    https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/78701-tx-millie-thompson-1953139.html

Anyone who really needed a lawyer knows that $2.5k isn't much. Also this is an appeals case so it could generate positive case law.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Aren't these the guys that so helped the loony left be scared of AR's? By showing up everywhere with them. Thus making us all look bad. I like the cause but not the messenger.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    So what are they appealing? What did the bad cop do this time?

I read somewhere that this is the case for one of the guys at Olmos Park. IIRC the guy was carrying a fake plastic Glock while protesting the police for previously harassing open carriers.

At some point he went to the Shell gas station to buy a drink, he didn't notice the 30.07 sign or ignored it because he wasn't actually carrying a gun. The clerk noticed and told him to leave, which he did so immediately.

The Clerk called the police. The police talked to the guy but they never asked to see his "gun," nor did they charge him with anything. Weeks later he was arrested on a warrant for a Class A misdemeanor, they alleged he didn't leave when the clerk told him to.

If the gun had been real at worst it should have been a Class C misdemeanor since he left when asked, and it would not have resulted in the loss of his LTC. What likely happened was the police noticed the gun wasn't real, and knew if they tried to arrest him on the spot the case would have gone nowhere. They waited till later to muddy the waters.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I read somewhere that this is the case for one of the guys at Olmos Park. IIRC the guy was carrying a fake plastic Glock while protesting the police for previously harassing open carriers.

At some point he went to the Shell gas station to buy a drink, he didn't notice the 30.07 sign or ignored it because he wasn't actually carrying a gun. The clerk noticed and told him to leave, which he did so immediately.

The Clerk called the police. The police talked to the guy but they never asked to see his "gun," nor did they charge him with anything. Weeks later he was arrested on a warrant for a Class A misdemeanor, they alleged he didn't leave when the clerk told him to.

If the gun had been real at worst it should have been a Class C misdemeanor since he left when asked, and it would not have resulted in the loss of his LTC. What likely happened was the police noticed the gun wasn't real, and knew if they tried to arrest him on the spot the case would have gone nowhere. They waited till later to muddy the waters.
    How much of that is fact? How do you know what is fact?

What was the warrant for, what facts supported an arrest warrant? If this is for an appeal, dude must have been convicted

What I see here is people who have already decided what happened, then make statement to support that without knowing facts

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Why, do you think those things don't exist? OCT probably would not have existed if not for what a bad cop did to CJ out on some random country road.

CJ was (and still is) a dickhead and deserved everything that happened to him and more.

You're claiming that is any reason to support OCT is exactly the reason I don't!

And just in case you forgot, OCT almost killed open carry in this state. You can tell CJ exactly that the next time you see him!

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    How much of that is fact? How do you know what is fact?

What was the warrant for, what facts supported an arrest warrant? If this is for an appeal, dude must have been convicted

What I see here is people who have already decided what happened, then make statement to support that without knowing facts

What I know for a fact is that all gun laws are infringements, and if I had unlimited resources I would setup a fund to pay for the legal expenses to fight every gun charge through to the bitter end.

That being said I did go back and find this video from the guy who this case is dealing with. His explanation starts at about the 9min mark.

I haven't seen the paper work on this case, but previously someone released the arrest affidavit when CJ and Jim Everard were arrested at Olmos Park and what was written didn't match with what the videos showed. Since Olmos Park PD has lied before its reasonable to not trust them. Police lying an affidavits is a serious problem.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    CJ was (and still is) a dickhead and deserved everything that happened to him and more.

So you think it is reasonable that someone who asserts their rights should have force used against them, be charged with a crime, and be thrown in jail?

And just in case you forgot, OCT almost killed open carry in this state.
    What in your opinion did OCT do, that almost got open carry killed?

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What in your opinion did OCT do, that almost got open carry killed?
    Jesus. I hate agreeing with MMM on anything but I will take this one.

They ( or their Corey Watkins branch) are the tantrum throwing douchenozzles that acted like fools in Poncho Nevarez’s office causing a shit ton of bad press for OC.

We had a shot at permitless OC before OCT’s antics in his office but got LTC instead. ( a pretty good salvage but damn)

Poncho now chairs the committee that hears most of the gun bills.

OCT did not think long game and their antics back then are biting us in the butts now.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    So you think it is reasonable that someone who asserts their rights should have force used against them, be charged with a crime, and be thrown in jail?

I've seen the video, and am posting it for everyone else to see. The entire situation could have been easily resolved had he not been a total douchebag, but that's his game. He failed to comply with the officer's legal authority to disarm him, and that is what got him in trouble. There is no way you can convince me otherwise.

OCT has done more to harm gun rights in Texas that it has advance them. In fact, I cannot see one instance where they have actually done anything other than try to draw attention to themselves. The are drama whores, actually do more harm than good.

We would all be better off if CJ and OCT just went away, and left the championing of gun rights to the adults.

Top Bottom