• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    This close. I like the chocolate color. Ain't keen on the loop holster, though.

RangerRig4Cropped.jpg

e128-11.jpg

Ranger-engraved-grips.jpg

Great looking pistols right there
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Im gonna get a tx rangers holster and gun belt i know a lady who works there
    Got one on order

I love that place. The Texas Ranger Museum is a mini vacation for me. Is the Brazos queen still a junk pile? Or did it get rebuilt or trashed by Waco???

I could spend HOURS looking at the sidearms. The S&W's with the cut trigger guard are KEWL!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In South Texas, open carry IS a reasonable desire. I'm often out in jeans and a t-shirt, and trying to ensure it covers a sidearm is an extra distraction. It ain't about "looking tough".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    In South Texas, open carry IS a reasonable desire. I'm often out in jeans and a t-shirt, and trying to ensure it covers a sidearm is an extra distraction. It ain't about "looking tough".

You just stopped me from going off with a flame. looking tough.....unreal

To add to your reason on desire, Ill add one more:

Some sidearms are works of art. Rolex is just a piece of "Man Jewelry". Open carry with a fine sidearm is no different.

If i wanted to look tough, for some stupid ass reason. To the point, I just had to absorb peoples DumbA', retarded, emotionally naive, judgment of me.

I'd carry a big Bowie knife in my teeth, while wearing a stained wifebeater, and growl at Sonic when they asked me what lime-aid I wanted. Then throw the money on the ground and drive off after they serve me a #2, no tomatoes. Mustard. Smoking the tires out the parking lot.

See? You don't need a gun to act tough! There's plenty of dumbass going around for that.

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I go to oklahoma once twice a month. They now have open carry, not once have i seen it.
    But i have been tempted once or twice.
    But i think the only time i would OC would be my BBQ 1911

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Interesting how some took a general statement as being directed at them pesonally.

Then the name calling of people who think differently. I'll tell you what, grasshopperglock, I'll just have to ignore some folks naive, dumbass, emotional judgment of those who think open carry is silly.

"Look at me and my gun".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Interesting how some took a general statement as being directed at them pesonally.

Then the name calling of people who think differently. I'll tell you what, grasshopperglock, I'll just have to ignore some folks naive, dumbass, emotional judgment of those who think open carry is silly.

"Look at me and my gun".

And my badge! LOL

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    I probably wouldn't change a thing. I don't want everyone noticing my weapon when I walk into a business mtg or store or whatever. It's not comforting.

But it would be nice not to have to worry about it being seen by accident.

Top Bottom