• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    They have been times that i would have like to be able to open carry. One example was at an event where i had to wear jeans and a button up shirt tucked in and had to downgrade to a small caliber pocket pistol instead of my normal EDC. There were several others at the event that had to do the same thing. Funny thing about it though was all 10 of us ended up carrying the same 2 pocket pistols. Tomcats and Colt 1908's. I would have rather been able to carry my 1911 instead of my 1908.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    P226, of course.

In South Texas, open carry IS a reasonable desire. I'm often out in jeans and a t-shirt, and trying to ensure it covers a sidearm is an extra distraction. It ain't about "looking tough".

Shorts and a t shirt make concealed carry a lot tougher. Dressing for a 110 degree day and wanting to strap on a pistol? Ugh. Your choice becomes some tiny .380 that carries almost no ammo and is a lot harder to shoot, or don't carry. I'd like the option of a full-size, full capacity handgun.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    And I would prefer to surprise someone than to have a bad guy planning ahead knowing I have it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    P226, of course.

Shorts and a t shirt make concealed carry a lot tougher. Dressing for a 110 degree day and wanting to strap on a pistol? Ugh. Your choice becomes some tiny .380 that carries almost no ammo and is a lot harder to shoot, or don't carry. I'd like the option of a full-size, full capacity handgun.

One word: Shoulder holster.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    No reason to other than show off or act tough.

Interesting how some took a general statement as being directed at them pesonally.

Then the name calling of people who think differently. I'll tell you what, grasshopperglock, I'll just have to ignore some folks naive, dumbass, emotional judgment of those who think open carry is silly.

"Look at me and my gun".

You honestly don't see how that and "look at me and my gun" could rub people the wrong way?

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The other option is a sport-type shoulder holster. You wear that over a T, under your shirt.

I'm actually looking at one online that seems pretty cool.

But I still would want to keep it relatively concealed.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The other option is a sport-type shoulder holster. You wear that over a T, under your shirt.

I'm actually looking at one online that seems pretty cool.

But I still would want to keep it relatively concealed.

Link it, the two shoulder holsters i have would stick out like a sore thumb under a shirt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You honestly don't see how that and "look at me and my gun" could rub people the wrong way?

There's half truth in that. If I was carrying a 1911, engraved, with mother of pearl grips.....I'd expect you to look.

At the gun, not my ass or pecker. So some of you fools don't get any ideas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I see not a damn thing wrong with these pics:

She's tastefully carrying a full size 1911...looks tough...lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5Wkawa9GCqW1dWo4B6Pz4H4ucU-CsKb1IgrvFFvyiIYW88tmJAA.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi0QDuFOmx4q_E-JLDnyPrMxiLsWKZ2j5ORO5qcSdnsuB-y7vf.jpg

His belly looks tougher then the gun:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdy8CPJoyFXCOhBskwsmXyQqtOMeu6dQFl4k81G_5byym_-vs5jg.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXp4N6oBt1ee2XBe7MHoCx7JK_XMxhsTShpsoDY-_kGAT5Gr9zpA.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There's half truth in that. If I was carrying a 1911, engraved, with mother of pearl grips.....I'd expect you to look.

At the gun, not my ass or pecker. So some of you fools don't get any ideas.

Most people are so oblivious, they wouldn't notice.

I'd be carrying a boring pistol to look at, anyway. OC is about utility for me. I do it when I go to New Mexico for hiking trips. I haven't OC'd in town yet, but I've done it in the parking area. Had a Forest Service ranger smile and wave as he drove by when I was getting stuff out of my car, and I know he saw the gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Most people are so oblivious, they wouldn't notice.

I'd be carrying a boring pistol to look at, anyway. OC is about utility for me. I do it when I go to New Mexico for hiking trips. I haven't OC'd in town yet, but I've done it in the parking area. Had a Forest Service ranger smile and wave as he drove by when I was getting stuff out of my car, and I know he saw the gun.

I agree.

Me? I'd carry one everywhere I went.

Back in the day, a fellow peace officer and I went to a car show in Waco(Mid 90's. He opened carried off duty, S&W 5906). After the day of looking at VW's and other stuff. He noticed on the way home, that he forgot to clip his badge by his sidearm. He, as was I, were worried some traffic cop would shoot us both before we started throwing badges in each others face.

I never even paid attention to if anybody had even gave it a second look. I hadn't open carry at that time either. Nobody called WPD or threw a fit. But this was Waco after all.....

Once the taboo is over come. Open carry would be as normal as a cell phone on the belt. You won't even notice it.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    That guy with the grey hoodie hiked over his gun is asking for attention, I think. That's a situation where I would wear the hoodie over the gun. Just more comfortable that way.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Thats the day when we could finally wear clothes normally. I would carry

XDM for daily
    1911 engraved for formal occasion
    Taurus raging bull in 44 mag if I just felt boring

Top Bottom