• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    "Rules of haberdashery apply" is a nice way of saying "Don't dress like a buffoon and I won't treat you like a buffoon." Before anybody says you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, picture a thug with his pants hanging below his ass and his boxers in the breeze.

Ah, yes.

How about people who dress like they don't really care?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I bought this Colt from our former Sheriff .......

It was his BBQ and meet and greet gun.....

I don't think I would open carry it though......

Kinda on the pimpish side.....lol...

Attachments

• Colt.jpg
      Colt.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 309
    • Colt1.jpg
      Colt1.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 279

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I do not believe I would open carry much, mainly just around my house and surrounding area. But since I conceal carry an H&K 45C, for open carry I would use my H&K USP. Same gun, more ammo.

scout789

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    lake jackson, tx
    If I open carry, and it is a big "if" it would be my full size 1911. However, I would be tempted to drag out my old S&W M28 Highway Patrolman and carry it I would also consider obtaining a good revolver in .44 Special.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    So why is an off duty cop or detective any safer then a citizen thats hiding a sidearm? A spider in or outside a hole is still a spider.

It seems that many CCW holders, subscribe to that it's better to hide the sidearm.

If you leave the house with a sidearm. You should have already bumped the awareness level. Situation awareness, environment awareness. To include level of carry. Mag in pistol, no round chambered? Or round chambered, hammer back?

I noticed the other day, after my girlfriend made a comment to me. About why I always walk to the back of a small convenience store, before going to the front. I also caught myself counting people in the store. Approx, age, gender, who belongs to what group(family)

I also catch myself turning my head to see who's behind me at walmart. I sit with my back to the wall at restaurants. I still count heads when Iam there too. The first thing I look at when I meet someone, is their hands. I also watch people for hand movement to their waist line or pocket. Nobody(most), comes within my sight, hearing, or smell range, without being "Scanned" for a possible threat.

Know your back stop.******

This may sound strange. I consider it some form of mild PTSD from working in a prison. If I see a person or not. If they come to within 5' feet of my back. I get a chill like someone just walked over my grave.

Next time your at walmart or where ever. Notice just how much people are absolutely clueless about the people around them. Like they are walking to the bathroom in their home.

Know your environment. Know where, when, and how to escape harm. Expect a threat in a clam, progressive manner. Have a plan on what youre gonna do if the threat happens. Be prepared to do what is necessary to defend yourself.

I just don't see how a pistol on the inside or outside detracts from all the above. If your not aware of your environment, CCW or open....won't make a difference. You'll already be dead. With an undrawn pistol.

Also adsorb the concept that you may need to lose the sidearm. If someone bigger then you succeeds at getting a hand on it, it maybe time to throw the pistol out of range.

This scenario was brought to light by a Harker Heights Peace Officer. He was involved in a fight over his sidearm. He determined that he would be able to overcome the threat without the sidearm. And he stood a worse chance of survival if the suspect did indeed get the firearm. So he threw it.

Expect EVERYTHING. Open or concealed. Practice it until it becomes habit.
    point, score, and for the win ding! ding! ding we have a wnner!!!!

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I am for concealed carry. I personally don't want to give up the element of surprise, but each his/her own. I also do not look forward to dealing with those that are out there trying to make a statement by baiting the LEO's into a confrontation. While that is part of the job, it's a part I personally do not want to deal with. In the rural areas I don't see as much hassle, but in the city.......

GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I don't think I would open carry unless it became a very common occurrence. Where a few people out of every 10 people open carry. All open carry does is make you a target. Unless everyone is carrying that is....

Top Bottom