• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I know journalists like to give both sides of an argument a voice, but come on. When SA had its "Line in the sand" event it was estimated between 500-2,000 people showed up. Moms Who Need Action had a counter-protest the same day; less than 20 people showed up!

This is like giving homeless crazy people print space on the issue of what should be done with homeless crazy people. They are statistically insignificant, insane, and if we allow them equal say in the issue despite their numbers we're going to get screwed.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    For those who don't know, the woman who founded MDA is not the stay-at-home mom she claims to be, and she didn't just suddenly jump into the media circus. She's a professional manipulator of all things media, and runs her own PR firm. The odds are pretty good she's not even all that ideologically driven in this; her "group" (actually, PR firm) is getting fat checks from people like (not saying specifically, but could well be) Bloomberg and Joyce Foundation. I'm betting on the "M" and not the "I", though "E" probably figures in (MICE).

So if you're wondering how her group gets so much attention from the media, it's because that's her profession.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    For those who don't know, the woman who founded MDA is not the stay-at-home mom she claims to be, and she didn't just suddenly jump into the media circus. She's a professional manipulator of all things media, and runs her own PR firm. The odds are pretty good she's not even all that ideologically driven in this; her "group" (actually, PR firm) is getting fat checks from people like (not saying specifically, but could well be) Bloomberg and Joyce Foundation. I'm betting on the "M" and not the "I", though "E" probably figures in (MICE).

So if you're wondering how her group gets so much attention from the media, it's because that's her profession.

Remind me again what MICE stands for, please. I know M and C are money and conscience respectively, but I and E escape me...

On-topic, not a bad read, though I agree wholeheartedly that giving both sides equal say despite numbers is a very, very bad idea.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Remind me again what MICE stands for, please. I know M and C are money and conscience respectively, but I and E escape me...

On-topic, not a bad read, though I agree wholeheartedly that giving both sides equal say despite numbers is a very, very bad idea.

Money, Ideology, Coercion (or Compromise) and Ego. At least, that's how I heard it.

Last edited:

dunnrite

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Kingsland
    In my step mother's case, from Illinois...lives here now and wants to bring her fucked up Illinoyance views here...Gonna be an interesting Thanksgiving....

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

This needs to be spreaded around like in twitter. Give me here info and I will put into twitter for you.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    This needs to be spreaded around like in twitter. Give me here info and I will put into twitter for you.

Here's a good starting point. She put the info on her LinkedIn account for the world to see.

Shannon Watts | LinkedIn

Just look at that resume. She managed corporate image for corporations that include Monsanto. And then during the supposed four year time period she claims she was a stay at home mom, she was running her own PR company AND freelancing for a company she used to work for. No way a PR person can do those two things and be a housewife.

Here's a press release that includes a list of VoxPop's initial clients: Launch of New Public Relations Agency, VoxPop Public Relations, LLC; Shannon Troughton Named 40... -- INDIANAPOLIS, Dec. 8 /PRNewswire/ --

Troughton is Watts' "working name", seems to be her maiden name. You can see that fact at her LinkedIn page.

There's more to be found if you hit Google and search for her name. None of this stuff is a secret (indeed, she put most of this information into the public sphere herself), the media has to be completely aware of it.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth

With some of the vile comments from Shannon Watts, I do not understand why any respectable publication would listen to her. Certainly, she has no business in coming to Texas to mettle in our state.

Top Bottom