Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    On what do you base that?
    The 4 restaurants in Odessa, that I talked to and asked them about their signs. When open carry became legal, the sign salesman explained it to them that way.

Then there is also the multi-billion dollar international company I work for. They took down the 30.06 signs and put up a 30.07 sign at all of their Texas facilities, because it was the newest anti gun sign.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The 4 restaurants in Odessa, that I talked to and asked them about their signs. When open carry became legal, the sign salesman explained it to them that way.

Then there is also the multi-billion dollar international company I work for. They took down the 30.06 signs and put up a 30.07 sign at all of their Texas facilities, because it was the newest anti gun sign.
    Good for them, but I take it as that I can CC if not OC.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I haven't OC yet. Dont really plan to. I like owb holsters and it is noticable that I carry. I'm just glad I dont have to try too hard to conceal it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sign salesman...ok

And a multi billion dollar company can't afford lawyers, and has no risk management division who understand the laws....ok
    Although I have great respect for your opinion, I can believe what he says.
    When the new knife laws took effect, I pointed out to Walmart that the register prompts did not ask for the correct age for knives over 5 1/2 inches and no prompt for kitchen knives of fish fillet knives. Only hunting knives and folders sold in the Sports dept.. They still don't prompt for most fishing knives or kitchen knives. What I was told by compliance folks that their attorney in Austin told them that kitchen knives and fishing fillet knives were exempt. That the law only applied to hunting knives and swords because kitchen and fillet knives are not used to kill people. I guess I missed that part of the Bill.

Just because they get paid a lot of money doesn't mean they are smart or know what they are doing. That and their bias can cloud their judgement as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sign salesman...ok

And a multi billion dollar company can't afford lawyers, and has no risk management division who understand the laws....ok
    My sister in law has signs up on her business. Her attorneys told her the signs were valid and all the legal notification she needed to post.
    I assure you they are very good at what they specialize in.

They do not, however, specialize in the finer points of chapter 411 of the Government Code.

The signs are on an 8.5x11 laminated sheet of paper and the lettering is about 1/4” and not on all entrances.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’ve personally only see 2 open carries. One in southern ok & one in N Texas. One of the only places I’ve been when CC had a 30.07 sign and I specifically asked did they not want OC and they said yes. I asked them were they ok with CC and they said yes. I didn’t say nor was asked if I was carrying at the time. Fair enough.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have seen more citizens open carrying in Arkansas (4) than in Texas (1).
    OC when I'm traveling in Texas.
    CC when running errands in the urban cesspool.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Whataburgers around here have no signs. They will ask you to leave if you open carry.
    Some of the instructors at the Topgun range that I frequent here in Houston have been asked at the Whataburger nearby to pull their shirt tails out to cover their weapons. The reason given was that they didn't want to offend any customers who were afraid of guns.

Top Bottom