• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    FWIW I only carry openly when walking my dogs in the neighborhood (rural area). 1911 in a Kydex holster. When I gets hot I usually carry in a gunny sack over shirts.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I OC all the time, no one has really noticed and so far there's been no issues with it.

I think most people don't pay enough attention to realize when someone is OC'ing. That said, I haven't seen too many folks doing it since January 2016.

That really doesn't bother me, the important thing is that we have the right and option to do so...

I think this is because, in my experience, there are two types of open carry:

1. Those like you who carry a handgun visibly but do not overtly draw attention to themselves. These,blend in and don't appear any differently than an LEO in casual street dress.

2. Those who flaunt the fact that they are carrying openly. They dress, act and behave in a manner in order to draw attention. These are the guys who walk around with their arms out two feet away from their body, talk loud enough for people on the next block to hear and generally are an embarrassment to the rest of us.

I see someone open carrying here around once a month....post office, grocery store, etc. Encountered one of the bozo types about 1-2 times a year.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    No biggie to me the state law defines that you can open carry. I don't think about it one way or the other. Now when I walk the dog at 4:30 in the morning I am in a T-shirt and Shorts. I have a pistol in a belly band holster I strap it on over the T-shirt. I am in my yard. I see some folks open carrying around town.
    Dang I am impressed you walk the dog at 4:30am. I walk mine at night. Sometimes I OC but not often

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I walk mine between 12:30am and 2am in a rural area mostly. I usually open carry 2. One with snake shot and one with HPs.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Walk the pup at around 7Am and again at around 8PM.
    J Frame in a Sticky IWB, both times.

And a wooden staff that would make Moses proud, mainly for snakes, but double duty for the occasional stray that frequents this rural area of AR.

This one in particular, that attacked a neighbor and his dog the day before ... handsome pup, but a bit too aggressive for my taste, especially while walking a ten pound morsel ... best to keep your options open.

PitPup.jpg

Attachments

• PitPup.jpg
      PitPup.jpg
      387.1 KB · Views: 266

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think this is because, in my experience, there are two types of open carry:

1. Those like you who carry a handgun visibly but do not overtly draw attention to themselves. These,blend in and don't appear any differently than an LEO in casual street dress.

2. Those who flaunt the fact that they are carrying openly. They dress, act and behave in a manner in order to draw attention. These are the guys who walk around with their arms out two feet away from their body, talk loud enough for people on the next block to hear and generally are an embarrassment to the rest of us.

I see someone open carrying here around once a month....post office, grocery store, etc. Encountered one of the bozo types about 1-2 times a year.
    I can't say I've seen those described in #2.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Talked to a fellow at wallyworld the other nite. Said in 3 years I was the first one to ask him if he'd had any hassles. He too said most people don't even notice. I figured it was cool to ask since we were perusing the ammo section.

Top Bottom