OpenCarry.org Billboard

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by 40Arpent, Nov 20, 2008.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    In Houston, on I-45. Hoo-rah!!!

[​IMG]

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Awesome! :texas:

3. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Very cool. I heard this one was going up.

4. GULFPILOT

GULFPILOT Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas

There is also one on I-35 N/B around New Braunfels, between San Antonio and Austin.

5. TurdyDingo

TurdyDingo New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Nifty

6. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Writing letters to your editors??

I was just on the local paper's site for a bit of light reading. I was this close to writing a letter to the editor to advertise a rally cry for Texans to get vocal for OC. But I decided to wait and ask if others thought it'd be an effective idea. Or if there were some consequences I'm not seeing.

Thoughts?

7. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    There was a quick blurb on channel 11 news last night about opencarry.org, delivered with a frown by the anchor woman and no contact info....

8. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I heard on the radio this morning that Rick Perry will and does support open carry.

9. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

Wow, they're getting off to a great start. :mad0071:

The guy form Opencarry.org:

“We are targeting Texas,” said Mike Stollenwerk, co-founder of www.opencarry.org, in a story Sunday in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “Get ready for a showdown in Austin come January.” Stollenwerk said Texas is one of the nation’s most pro-gun states and promised an “awakening” when “Texans realize how restrictive their rights are.”

It kinda gives some credence to the ignorant comment under the article from the moron that said:

"Just what we need: more Yosemite Sam-types swaggering down Main Street with their granddaddy's peashooter hanging off their silver-studded belts.

I think Texans actually like violent crime. The yahoos that would wear a gun around are looking for trouble."

The issue has to be supported appropriately/professionally so as not to educate people that aren't or haven't considered the true issue. Warning about a "showdown" feeds the anti gun nuts a healthy and nutritional snack. :rofl: