700_1227187571.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Writing letters to your editors??

I was just on the local paper's site for a bit of light reading. I was this close to writing a letter to the editor to advertise a rally cry for Texans to get vocal for OC. But I decided to wait and ask if others thought it'd be an effective idea. Or if there were some consequences I'm not seeing.

Thoughts?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    There was a quick blurb on channel 11 news last night about opencarry.org, delivered with a frown by the anchor woman and no contact info....

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    There was a quick blurb on channel 11 news last night about opencarry.org, delivered with a frown by the anchor woman and no contact info....

Wow, they're getting off to a great start.

The guy form Opencarry.org:

“We are targeting Texas,” said Mike Stollenwerk, co-founder of www.opencarry.org, in a story Sunday in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “Get ready for a showdown in Austin come January.” Stollenwerk said Texas is one of the nation’s most pro-gun states and promised an “awakening” when “Texans realize how restrictive their rights are.”

It kinda gives some credence to the ignorant comment under the article from the moron that said:

"Just what we need: more Yosemite Sam-types swaggering down Main Street with their granddaddy's peashooter hanging off their silver-studded belts.

I think Texans actually like violent crime. The yahoos that would wear a gun around are looking for trouble."

The issue has to be supported appropriately/professionally so as not to educate people that aren't or haven't considered the true issue. Warning about a "showdown" feeds the anti gun nuts a healthy and nutritional snack.

Top Bottom