TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Barrel:
    Kidd lightweight 16" fluted and threaded, black finish
    http://www.coolguyguns.com/Ultra-Lightweight-Ruger-10-22-Barrel_p_138.html

Tard? Harrrrrumph! I say sir, you said one thing and listed another. I shall wait for my apology.

In other news my Hogue stock came in today. I like it but it is very sticky. Im fine with the forend being sticky but not the cheekweld area. I suppose i can modify it or swap it out down the road. Overall though i like it. I just need to order the expensive parts now. Bolt/trigger/barrel.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Tard? Harrrrrumph! I say sir, you said one thing and listed another. I shall wait for my apology.

In other news my Hogue stock came in today. I like it but it is very sticky. Im fine with the forend being sticky but not the cheekweld area. I suppose i can modify it or swap it out down the road. Overall though i like it. I just need to order the expensive parts now. Bolt/trigger/barrel.

Lol OOPS

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    But that one had fluting to give it a "high cool factor".

It would be nice if they listed the actual cool factor rating though and if it is rated on the standard cool scale or the more modern tacti-cool scale.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Picked up the donor rifle for this build, it's an older model, with metal trigger group.
    mu6y2ema.jpg

Picked up some Burris Medium Height rings, 30mm, for 20 bucks from Primary Arms, then mounted, mocked up, and tq'ed it all down.
    ehe6amu6.jpg

3aradygu.jpg

6a8y7ede.jpg

I then removed the scope and mounts, now just waiting on the barrel and stock to get here. I'm going to do some polishing internally on the reciever, and the stock trigger. A Kidd drop in unit will have to wait, as I am tapped out on funds for the moment, what with Christmas coming up. So far, I am almost 500ish into the build. The barrel was a early bday/Christmas present from my Fiancée. Can't wait to get this thing finished.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Bolt and trigger group are with AaronP220 getting polished up. Still no word on the barrel, I hope to be getting a shipping notification from Kidd tomorrow or Tuesday

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Kidd ships fast, so you should see the barrel soon. No reason not to get the Kidd bolt buffer as well.

My thoughts: If such a thing exists, I would've opted for a 1-4x red dot that had a .22LR reticle instead of what you got. I don't know if it exists, though. Please keep us updated on how you like the optic you bought.

I will be building one of these for a customer in the spring, so will follow the thread.

As to the other poster who said a stock 10/22 would probably accomplish the job, I must agree. My 1980 carbine with only a Brimstone trigger job is 10/10 on shotgun hulls at 50 yards. Not sure what more accuracy a man could want from a .22 rifle.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Kidd rocks in the customer service department. Should be waiting for me as soon as I get home from work.
    zujyzygy.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom