sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Nice looking 10/22. I've been eyeing that Kidd UL Barrel to upgrade my "walking around" 10/22 so I will be interested in hearing how yours preforms.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    It required some minor fitting, ie sanding around the reciver and on the part of the barrel that goes into the reciever.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It required some minor fitting, ie sanding around the reciver and on the part of the barrel that goes into the reciever.

The Kidd barrels are interference fit. (slightly oversize to give a tight fit and help eliminate droop .001~) Depending on how lose your receiver is, sometimes it requires putting the barrel in a freezer for a while, warming up the receiver using anti-seize, and a little work with a rubber mallet. Then, you have to be careful to align the extractor channel. If you get the barrel all the way in and find the extractor channel is misaligned in a very tight fit, it might require putting the barrel in a vise and using some sort of cheater or rubber mallet to align. That is what happened when I installed a new Kidd barrel into a new Kidd receiver. It was extremely tight and I did have to adjust the alignment a bit which required vising the barrel.

It's not rocket surgery, but with the tight fit barrels, it's more than just pushing it in by hand like OEM barrels.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    The barrel wasn't going into the upper at all with how they stood from factory. I massaged the upper with some 2,000 grit paper and gave the barrel a little treatment as well. A hammer and some time was required to get it in but it's a good tight fit now with full radial contact around the barrel extension.

Top Bottom