• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    I am in no way a representative of Concealed Carry on Campus further than I whole-heartedly support their cause. I'm also a major proponent of OCDO and their cause. I cannot, however, speak for either group.

I can tell you that the mass majority of supporters in either group support the other. It seems like more OCDO folks are into Concealed Carry on Campus' cause than the other way around, but it wouldn't be by much.

All of this is just my opinion, however.
    Texas SOT

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I agree, they're will certainly be reciprocal support. My only tongue in cheek point was that each should be focused on action for their specific purpose. It can however, get sticky sometimes when interest groups openly take action (if that's the right way to say it) for another cause. Sometimes it can alienate supports of one cause that may not support another.

Hell, I'm getting confused now. I think I need a drink as I get ready for tonight!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I agree, they're will certainly be reciprocal support. My only tongue in cheek point was that each should be focused on action for their specific purpose. It can however, get sticky sometimes when interest groups openly take action (if that's the right way to say it) for another cause. Sometimes it can alienate supports of one cause that may not support another.

Hell, I'm getting confused now. I think I need a drink as I get ready for tonight!

I agree with you though. I hate to friction between progun groups. My particular dog is running in the OC event this time. Its what I've taken an interest to this time around and its what I put some effort towards. It doesn't mean I boo on the other causes. I want conceal carry on campus pass. I want to see OC pass. I want to see the expansion of carry areas pass. I want everyone with their respective dogs in the fight to win. Ultimately, that leaves everybody with the ability to exercise any option they deem good for the day.

The beauty of it all is that each issue has people who are able to work and support it. We each can't be everywhere at once so we have to split up and tackle issues where we can best.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Unlicensed open carry doesn't have anything to do with concealed carry.

Concealed carry will still be licensed only, therefore as proposed, a person can legally carry open without a license but cannot legally carry concealed. Not sure that will fly and get support or if it'll be modified for now. Allowing open carry for CHL holders makes a logical first step but would require more laws to be changed in regard to concealed carry.

I think that for the most part is the same in most states.

Sorry, but I'm in that minority that believes no one should be allowed to carry "open or otherwise" into the public arena, unless they've passed some kinda of test "be it state or organization sponsered", that qualifies them on the streets. In your own home or on your own land I don't care if you have a "Tank" for selfdefense, but when you go out in public the measure changes. Now, I'll prepare myself for the flames. :patriot:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry, but I'm in that minority that believes no one should be allowed to carry "open or otherwise" into the public arena, unless they've passed some kinda of test "be it state or organization sponsered", that qualifies them on the streets. In your own home or on your own land I don't care if you have a "Tank" for selfdefense, but when you go out in public the measure changes. Now, I'll prepare myself for the flames. :patriot:

ok ok, I've got one:

So you'd feel better about being shot by a trained yahoo instead of an untrained one?

When it comes to the everyday walking around carrying, be it CC or OC, laws and appropriate behavior must still be displayed.

I know we've all heard stories, read stories and/or experienced "that guy" at the range who is a bit scary to share a divider with. I would venture to say that if "that guy" is bad at handling, it's a very good thing he will not be handling his gun while out in public as it should be/will securely holstered or 1) he is committing a punishable offense and 2) something's gone wrong and the situation is a condition red where he's drawing.

In general, the behavior required from a person carrying a firearm should be the same whether the gun is concealed or open.

I guess I'm use to those around me (my family, friends, husband) being able to handle firearms safely. We were raised on guns and there is no stigma, mystery or newness associated with them. Its just weird to me that people wouldn't know appropriate handling.

Top Bottom