• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    oh, ok, i just clicked on it and yes it goes there, sorry... not real comp savy, i was looking for the whole thing i pasted, thanks...tx.
    again, sorry...

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    ...sorry for misunderstanding, i got it now. im still waiting on that 1st time grandpa thing with my daughter (soon i hope, im a wreck) so in retrospect i guess i am a little "quick draw" right now...won't take up any more forum space on this subject, apologies...tx.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ...sorry for misunderstanding, i got it now. im still waiting on that 1st time grandpa thing with my daughter (soon i hope, im a wreck) so in retrospect i guess i am a little "quick draw" right now...won't take up any more forum space on this subject, apologies...tx.

Congrats....

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    So, does this friend have a line on ammo and reloading supplies that nobody else knows about?
    I'm trying to grasp the NEW AMMO business at a time where demand is excedding supply. Not trying to be a wise$ss but how is someone just going to start up this business when the current flock of distributors and vendors can't even get their orders filled?

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    thanks guys, they (mom and daughter) just got back from the docs and said she has till monday am for things to happen naturally and if not.....induce time. (kids at 9lbs right now) so looks like no later then monday.................my fingers can not be more crossed....tx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lets talk GUNS..............

FM-793

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    SW Houston - Westbury
    I would never buy from a shop that didn't accept credit cards. No way - at least with a card, I have a minimum measure of protection - there is zero protection with checks or MOs; once they're cashed, there is zero recourse for the buyer. Your friend should consider credit card fees the minimum standard for entry into on-line sales. Yes, it sucks that you have to absorb that cost, but that's reality.

The only other advice I would give your friend is that working capital is king, especially in new retail ventures. If he doesn't have enough working capital early in the game, he's not going to be able to keep enough stock on hand to fill orders on a timely basis. Once he's established, he can get commercial credit lines, but early on he's going to have to finance his own purchases. Believe me - if you start out short of cash money, it's hard to catch up and you're screwed when the inevitable unexpected expense pops up. Using personal credit to fund a venture is just plain suicidal. Don't ask me how I know...

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Rucker reloading went down north of Houston when the owner died. They have a bunch of equiptment probably.

Top Bottom