• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a friend that might start another online business selling outdoor gear, reloading supplies, and of course ammo. His only draw back is he cant find a merchant who will process credit cards for ammunition.Would any of ya'll buy from him with just a check and or money order?? I would.
    Target Sports

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    He may be able to talk to some of the other ammo merchants about the problem. For awhile, my wife and I were looking into the Drive-Thru Coffee business as they are everywhere in Cali. She would go out and chat up the owners and managers of the various shops, and for the most part they had no problem giving away advice. I imagine in the firearm industry, like any other, he'll run into people who are unwilling to give advice or help because they are worried you'll take their jobs, but I know he can find some people who would be willing to help him out. All this to say, tell him to talk to some gun shop owners and see if he can get ahold of some of the online shop site owners. I'm sure they can point him in the direction of a company that would do CC/DC transactions. As for me, I don't know whether I would be willing to do check or MO for an online transaction. While price is part of it, for the most part I shop online for convenience and often don't mind spending extra at an actual store. I guess it would all come down to availability as to whether I would send something in or not. Try and go for the CC/DC's. Besides, other than for bills, almost no one pays with a check at a retailer anymore...and when they do, it's usually a scam...LOL

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    paypal, yes. money order, no.

I won't give a money order to the guy who wanted me to send the money order to El Paso for brass.

I just simply wouldn't trust a sight that I don't know that only accepts MO.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    good luck

you can set up a credit card account from your home/office. It does cost a little and a percentage but is safer for the public. Beaware almost all complaints are settled in the customers favor. But there is a market fir thus in the area . good luck send me a catlog or email when set up for business...bill

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    paypal wont allow ammo purchases, they shut down one of his friends account's and locked him out.

If he can setup a credit card system, would yall buy?

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Yell yeah I would. Why can't he setup a paypal account and operate it that way? Paypal accepts credit cards that way along with electronic transfers of funds. I'd look into that too. Just a thought I had.

But yes, I'd buy ammo and reloading supplies from him once he's up and running. Just let us know a web address when its up and running I'm sure his site will be swamped, and he'll be begging for help from family to help run the business.

I don't ever remember reading anything in Paypal's rules that you couldn't use it for selling ammo, guns, etc. Hell you can use paypal through Gunbroker on a lot of the sales there, so that can't be true that you can't use Paypal. If your friend only had the free access account your limited to the amount of transactions, incoming & ougoing funds, etc per month. You have to jump up to the business account to have unlimited transactions per month. I'd seriously look into a Paypal Business accound.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I have a friend that might start another online business selling outdoor gear, reloading supplies, and of course ammo. His only draw back is he cant find a merchant who will process credit cards for ammunition.Would any of ya'll buy from him with just a check and or money order?? I would.

I will be honest with you, credit cards make it so easy. If something happens the credit card companies usually take care of you. Checks are o.k. but if something happens after they have cashed it, you are screwed. And, I cannot stand money orders, they are a pain in the a, if you wont take a check or a credit card, I will buy it somewhere else. JMHO \m/

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    texas42...sorry you felt that way, obviously meant me in el paso. i dont know how to do the fancy link stuff in posts so i just cut/paste. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...ing-range/6740-texassnowman2k2.html#post66642[url]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/off-topic-chat-sponsored-shiloh-shooting-range/6740-texassnowman2k2.html#post66642[/URL]
    this person and i have dealt and are doing so again on other brass, he misspelled my name but thats ok...so anyway, you made me out to be untrustworthy based only on the fact that i requested money order for payment..wow...tx...

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    you made me out to be untrustworthy based only on the fact that i requested money order for payment..wow...tx...

You cannot deny the risks involved. I wouldn't send you a money order either without having seen some testimonials. Nothing personal, so you shouldn't be so sensitive. And the reference to Texas...yeah, there aren't any Texan criminals. :rolleyes:

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    no thin skin here... TXSUT, i just noticed that the cut/paste i made ref to did not show up in my original post. without it my post makes no sense... i cut/pasted the url to where the person DID write a "testimonial" of sorts, that is what i pasted. no matter...dead issue, just trying to defend myself...and oh, i dont know what part of tx you hail from but we have our share of "Texan criminals" here in el paso as do you as well in your neck of the woods... :(:(:(

Top Bottom