• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which of these action types should I use?

• auto-loader

Votes: 5 38.5%
    • pump-action

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    PinnedandRecessed,

And the notion that PUMPS are NOT a great deal more reliable ,in virtually any circumstance, than SEMI-AUTOS are has spent LITTLE time on the skeet/trap range,
    (FEW SA shotguns will do a 100 round "run" even under the controlled situation in a tournament W/O at least one STOPPAGE or FTF.)

SORRY but your opinion is simply WRONG.

yours, satx

1. Did I say semi-autos were MORE reliable than pumps?....No
    2. Did I say pumps were unreliable?....No
    3. Pumps CAN and DO fail.
    4. Please tell us more about how everything you own is the best and how all other firearms (like the M1 Carbine) are pieces of shit.

I realize you are heavily invested in your opinion that pump actions are the best thing since tits were invented from your repeated postings on how great your Remington pump rifles are, but please, read the comment you are replying to before posting a response.
    ARJ Defense ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    1. Did I say semi-autos were MORE reliable than pumps?....No
    2. Did I say pumps were unreliable?....No
    3. Pumps CAN and DO fail.
    4. Please tell us more about how everything you own is the best and how all other firearms (like the M1 Carbine) are pieces of shit.

I realize you are heavily invested in your opinion that pump actions are the best thing since tits were invented from your repeated postings on how great your Remington pump rifles are, but please, read the comment you are replying to before posting a response.

PinnedandRecessed,

Actually I said NONE of the things that you seem to be claiming.
    (For example, I NEVER said that what I own is THE BEST & EVERYTHING ELSE is JUNK.)

Pumps CAN & DO fail though at a FAR SMALLER rate than any brand of semi-auto.
    (As a LE weapon, I will NOT bet my life on a SA shotgun, as I've seen far too many of them fail on the trap/skeet & on the police ranges.)

Pity that you won't just admit that your opinion is simply WRONG.

Don't bother answering, as I'm in NO mood for a pointless/needless argument.

You are WELCOME to hold any OPINION, as that's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH & of EXPRESSION.

yours, satx

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    PinnedandRecessed,

Actually I said NONE of the things that you seem to be claiming.
    (For example, I NEVER said that what I own is THE BEST & EVERYTHING ELSE is JUNK.)

Pumps CAN & DO fail though at a FAR SMALLER rate than any brand of semi-auto.
    (As a LE weapon, I will NOT bet my life on a SA shotgun, as I've seen far too many of them fail on the trap/skeet & on the police ranges.)

Pity that you won't just admit that your opinion is simply WRONG.

Don't bother answering, as I'm in NO mood for a pointless/needless argument.

You are WELCOME to hold any OPINION, as that's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH & of EXPRESSION.

yours, satx
    1607066612687.png

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    And what pray tell is wrong with those made in Japan? IMO, they are made to the same exacting standards as those made in Belgium.

Axxe55,

NOTHING is really wrong with the "Japanese humpbacks, except that they are NOT collector's items & other than a Belgian Browning that has been "messed up by Bubba", I would NOT happily "cut down" a Browning Auto 5.

IF I thought that there was a QUALITY/RELIABILITY problem with the Japanese "clones" I wouldn't consider recommending one as a candidate for "making" a SBS.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe55,

NOTHING is really wrong with the "Japanese humpbacks, except that they are NOT collector's items & other than a Belgian Browning that has been "messed up by Bubba", I would NOT happily "cut down" a Browning Auto 5.

IF I thought that there was a QUALITY/RELIABILITY problem with the Japanese "clones" I wouldn't consider recommending one as a candidate for "making" a SBS.

yours, satx

Japanese Browning's were never clones, The Browning Citori was always made in Japan from the beginning for Browning. Since the early 1970's, Miroku has been manufacturing for Browning many of their firearms.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Japanese Browning's were never clones, The Browning Citori was always made in Japan from the beginning for Browning. Since the early 1970's, Miroku has been manufacturing for Browning many of their firearms.

Axxe55,

I'm reasonably sure that you did NOT think that the "Japanese humpbacks" were ever made in Japan until labor costs got so high in Europe.
    (I'm well aware of the CITORI & do NOT consider the Citori to be the equal of a real SUPERPOSED.= YES, I've owned both.)

Thus the Japanese Auto5 is a "clone" & likely will NEVER will be "considered to be the equal" of any Browning that was made in Belgium & at the FN factory, by any traditional Browning fan.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe55,

I'm reasonably sure that you did NOT think that the "Japanese humpbacks" were ever made in Japan until labor costs got so high in Europe.
    (I'm well aware of the CITORI & do NOT consider the Citori to be the equal of a real SUPERPOSED.= YES, I've owned both.)

Thus the Japanese Auto5 is a "clone" & likely will NEVER will be "considered to be the equal" of any Browning that was made in Belgium & at the FN factory, by any traditional Browning fan.

yours, satx

Actually they were made in Japan by Miroku for Browning.

Production of the Auto-5 in Belgium continued until the start of World War II, when Browning moved production to Remington Arms in the United States. The Auto-5 was produced by Remington alongside the Model 11 until FN could resume making the gun after the war.[5] Unlike the Remington Model 11, the Remington-produced Browning shotguns had magazine cutoffs. Some 850,000 Remington Model 11 shotguns were produced before production ended in 1947. In 1952, production of Browning models returned to FN, where it continued until the end. However, the majority of production moved to the Japanese company Miroku in 1975. Finally, in 1998, manufacture of A-5s ceased except for a few commemorative models created at FN in 1999. As of 1983 it was well established as the second-best-selling auto-loading shotgun in U.S. history, after the Remington 1100.[4]

Top Bottom