Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Looks nice and hard to go wrong with a 500.

If it is fitted as you want go for it. If not then buy a base model and buy the parts you want.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I found a shotgun for home duty that I think I will leave stock besides adding a light. Does anyone have experience with this gun? Would I be better off building up myself buying a lower end Moss 500? I'm still debating pump vs. semi still....kinda. Possibly looking for more round capacity as well.

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/...gun-16mosa500tscrpn12spg/16mosa500tscrpn12spg

Personally, I wouldn't be willing to pay a premium for cheesy beige furniture and that heat shield

sineypem

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    At that price you could start looking at semi autos zenith has one around that new, used you could probably find a few used benellis

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    MY social shotgun is an old hump-back Browning with a PolyChoke attached (NOT my doing) and a stock cut to decrease length of pull (ALSO not my doing). It's always worked faithfully, even in circumstances under which I fully expected it to fail. Were I to buy a new shotgun for the same purpose, I'd lean toward an automatic over a pump-action (MY only dilemma would be between recoil vs. gas operation). I know this is very much a personal choice, but I decided I'd rather spendl my reaction time acquiring and sighting my target and concentrating on the trigger, rather than divide it 4 ways among those 3 tasks, AND action manipulation. JMO.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Check academy and see if you can find one like it for less money.

$200-250.

-stevens-320-security-12-gauge-pump-shotgun-with-heat-shield#repChildCatid=3792314" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sa...hotgun-with-heat-shield#repChildCatid=3792314

https://www.academy.com/shop/Produc...egory_rn=&storeId=10151#repChildCatid=4856533

Spend a couple hundred on a shooting school. Really learning how to run a gun is much more important than the gun you run. You can take a $100 pawn shop duck gun and out shoot someone with a $1,000 race shotgun gun who never had training.

Last edited:

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    Spend a couple hundred on a shooting school. Really learning how to run a gun is much more important than the gun you run. You can take a $100 pawn shop duck gun and out shoot someone with a $1,000 race shotgun gun who never had training.
    Yes,VERY MUCH this.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's a bit cheesey for my tastes, a simple Mossberg 500 Persuader would be a cheaper and better option in my opinion...

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mossberg-500-persuader-12-gauge-pump-action-shotgun?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051
    Yea, if you're going with a Mossberg 500, this is the way to go. I took that and turned it into my own version of tactical. Yea, I probably spent about the same in the end as that tricked out one you showed, but its done how I want - every last part.
    b7e8652f1f02bac6c2b23f90adc16f2d.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom