• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I get a kick out of you young guys. You got to have all kinds of junk hanging from your firearms.
    If you want a good dependable home defense shotgun get an older Remington 870 (12 or 20). You can find them for much less than the shotgun above. Chop the barrel off to 16". Get a box of copper plated #4 bird shot and you are good to go.
    As far as a flashlight, why put something on your defense firearm that will give the bad guy the advantage.
    If you turn the thing on, the first thing you will do is look to see where it is pointing. This gives the bad guy a few seconds advantage, plus he now knows exactly where you are; while you are still looking for him. Those white light beams make a good target at night. If you happen to hit the guy with the light right off, you might live. If not, you might die. Not smart.
    This is advice from a retired Fort Worth police detective and FBI agent.
    If it is good enough for them, it is good enough for me. My $0.2.
    Military Camp

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    You know, even if it is night; your house is not totally dark. If you use your peripheral vision, you can make out things in your house. I think I can tell the difference between a mature figure and a kid even at night.
    You be your own judge, though.

Churchmouse

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    We keep 2 identically built Moss. 930's for social encounters. Both hold 7 in the tube +1 if we desire.
    3" nitro steel magnums in #2 shot.
    They have been polished up internally and run. They run really well.

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    I found a shotgun for home duty that I think I will leave stock besides adding a light. Does anyone have experience with this gun? Would I be better off building up myself buying a lower end Moss 500? I'm still debating pump vs. semi still....kinda. Possibly looking for more round capacity as well.

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/...gun-16mosa500tscrpn12spg/16mosa500tscrpn12spg
    Depends on how much money you want to spend, I am going to get a mossberg 88 and get some magpul furniture and it will only cost about $350 max. The 88 is basicly a 500 only it doesn't have the tang safety and some of the parts are made in mexico. So if that doesn't bother you, you can get an 88 and put the mods on yourself and save a couple hundred dollars. If not i'd say if you have the money, go for it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I found a shotgun for home duty that I think I will leave stock besides adding a light. Does anyone have experience with this gun? Would I be better off building up myself buying a lower end Moss 500? I'm still debating pump vs. semi still....kinda. Possibly looking for more round capacity as well.

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/...gun-16mosa500tscrpn12spg/16mosa500tscrpn12spg
    I love the tang mounted safety on the 500 when using a conventional stock, but it feels awkward to me with a pistol grip.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I appreciate this thread coming back again and again. :) When I first posted, the gun was $100 off at the time. Was it a deal at $479 because it's $434 for a few days.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom