• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    What are your opinions on vz2008(cz58). I already have a couple of AK's and want another 7.62x39 shooter. I have three sks's as well. I am thinking of buying either the vz2008 or an AR 7.62x39 upper. I have not shot a VZ but shot an Model 1 ar 7.62. I'm going to stay away from model 1 if I go that direction though. I have 2 Russian sks's, both are non-refurbs, and a Norinco SKS-m. I was going to sell one to fund this.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    With current prices, you'd be crazy not to pick one up. I have one that has real wooden furniture on it, and love it. Milled receiver, bolt lock back after last round (and you can remove the magazine and it still stays back), easy replacement/swap out of the stocks, and best of all, it is what the Slovak Special Forces I trained with carried!

Just to note they have nothing in common with the AK platform except for the caliber. Even the magazines won't work in each other; but I have been thinking about grabbing another one just because the prices on them right now are so good.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hello. Here is a thread about mine I bought about a month ago. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rifles/53227-vz58.html

Here is another thread on a different forum with a bunch of opinions. My VZ2008 from Aim

Basically what MadMax said. My only problem with the one I have is the side folding stock. It's fine, but if you want to put a lot of round through it, it will leave a mark on your cheek from slapping you in the face. I put I think 300 rounds through mine once and that's how I learned.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Get a pool noodle.

Attachments

• 42191.shared.noodle.jpg
      42191.shared.noodle.jpg
      10.2 KB · Views: 107

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I would most definitely pick a Vz2008 over an AR 7.62x39 upper! Sure they're Century-made, but the vast majority of people who own them have had nothing but good experiences with them and you can add me to that list.

To be honest I don't see them staying at this price point ($500) for long, for a milled 7.62x39 rifle that many consider to be the AK Kalashnikov should have made, they're gonna sell out quick. I love mine, but it ranks somewhere below a Saiga and Arsenal in my collection but above my WASR-10/63 or Polish AKMS. I just prefer the simplicity of the original AK design (hammer vs striker fired gun), but I still have an affection for these due to my history with them...

Top Bottom