Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I thought it was just a South Park joke.
    You're kidding, right? There used to be a bunch of organizations that pushed in that direction.

NAMBLA, the Rene Guyon Society, the Sexual Freedom League, the Child Sensuality Circle, Free Spirits, and other organizations are all defunct now. IPCE (you can look it up if you want to know what it stands for) still has a web site and is supposed to be the current standard-bearer for that community; the site doesn't look like it's had any updates in many years.

Some (maybe all except NAMBLA) of those organizations may have just been one guy trying to look like a whole movement but rest assured that there have been a number of them over the years. NAMBLA was just the most open about it, sometimes holding public gatherings by, for example, renting a meeting room at a local library.

Definitely not just a South Park joke.

AFAIK, that community is now almost completely non-public, existing only in places accessed via TOR, Freenet, I2P, etc.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    This issue is really tearing me up. I will have to continue to deal with it, as I work with kids and it keeps coming up. I’m really stuck because I’m looking at what the culture generally as well as my profession (mental health) is saying about this and I just can’t support this.

Families aren’t coming to me for advice per say. I may be asked to address as part of treatment. I’m not treating gender dysphoria as a primary diagnosis but it can come up as an associated condition.

I have personal opinions, and I also have professional and ethical concerns. Luckily, these are aligned mostly. I will not be weighing in on a family’s decision (that’s not my call) but I can provide questions and concerns that a kid or parent can ask themself when considering all this.

I don’t know how to support parents whose kid wants to don haircuts and clothing of the opposite sex. I fear that one kid, specifically, is acting out some rejection from a non involved, non custodial parent. Some amount of rebellion and testing parental acceptance seems to be going on, and I’ll explore it.

I’ve got some work to do on how to approach this situation effectively at work and in my mind/ spirit in a way that I can live with. I’m really struggling, and I’m pissed at most of the information my profession is hawking. I’m seeking out alternative opinions, and NOT looking forward to ever discussing this in a clinical team brainstorming session. I’ll probably avoid it if possible.

Sigh. Struggling.

(However I’m pretty sure that our psychiatrist is not in support of any kind of support for transitioning... He’s cool and I might talk with him about it.)

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You're a cog in the machine. That's your job as defined by some seriously phucked up rules. Rules you have to follow. You see and physically deal with the parents that are so mixed up by design. That they can't tell if it's got a Deeck, it's a boy. The absence of said, it's a girl.

You feel sorry for their kid.

Remember it's nothing personal. Run your own life outside that $hit. You're not alone. Western culture is screwed. It's been screwed. You're just in a first seat position to see the effects.

Screw it. Do your job and let them Burn it. At the same time, remember and keep who you are personally.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    GHG^^*I tend to want to both (first response=) rail against and (second response=) accept and be at peace with that response.

Thank you for the encouragement.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It’s mostly I see parents reeling from teenagers pushing this on their
    parents and the parents are flabbergasted. If I confront the teen too hard and side with the parents, I’ve lost my chance to win over the kid and maybe give some kind of influence. I already have a disadvantage because I’m an almost 50 year old and the teens don’t really want to hear what I have to say if it contradicts their friend’s opinions.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Schools push the hell out of this. During the most impressionable years.

The only defense is home schooling. But that's expensive. What a female/male does in such situation equals about $55,000-$65,000 worth a year.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This issue is really tearing me up. I will have to continue to deal with it, as I work with kids and it keeps coming up. I’m really stuck because I’m looking at what the culture generally as well as my profession (mental health) is saying about this and I just can’t support this.

Families aren’t coming to me for advice per say. I may be asked to address as part of treatment. I’m not treating gender dysphoria as a primary diagnosis but it can come up as an associated condition.

I have personal opinions, and I also have professional and ethical concerns. Luckily, these are aligned mostly. I will not be weighing in on a family’s decision (that’s not my call) but I can provide questions and concerns that a kid or parent can ask themself when considering all this.

I don’t know how to support parents whose kid wants to don haircuts and clothing of the opposite sex. I fear that one kid, specifically, is acting out some rejection from a non involved, non custodial parent. Some amount of rebellion and testing parental acceptance seems to be going on, and I’ll explore it.

I’ve got some work to do on how to approach this situation effectively at work and in my mind/ spirit in a way that I can live with. I’m really struggling, and I’m pissed at most of the information my profession is hawking. I’m seeking out alternative opinions, and NOT looking forward to ever discussing this in a clinical team brainstorming session. I’ll probably avoid it if possible.

Sigh. Struggling.

(However I’m pretty sure that our psychiatrist is not in support of any kind of support for transitioning... He’s cool and I might talk with him about it.)

May the Good Lord grant you wisdom and discernment in dealing with the situations.

You can never compromise your morals, ethics, values.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Perhaps the parents condoning this need to think about the future. How much damage will have been done when the kid changes their mind and returns to their biological nature?

No kid has the maturity to make this kind of decision. That is what parents are for. And parents need to act like parents.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Schools push the hell out of this. During the most impressionable years.

The only defense is home schooling. But that's expensive. What a female/male does in such situation equals about $55,000-$65,000 worth a year.

But if the public school is so bad it is not an option, isn't $65k of foregone revenue a worthy investment in one's child?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    But if the public school is so bad it is not an option, isn't $65k of foregone revenue a worthy investment in one's child?

At face value, sure.
    But that’s $780k from K-12, on top of all the other expenses of raising a kid.

Not everyone is able to absorb that kinda scratch, methinks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm not advocating public schools, but it's my belief that good parenting can overcome any adverse affects of public schools. Blaming schools for a child's problems seems more of a cop out to poor parenting to me.

I home school, but I agree with you on the parenting part. If one is not able to home school, I don't think that simply sending them to public is a no win situation with proper parenting.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    At face value, sure.
    But that’s $780k from K-12, on top of all the other expenses of raising a kid.

Not everyone is able to absorb that kinda scratch, methinks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife stayed at home to raise our kids (who were in public schools), so I guess I have a different perspective than some.

I think most families can afford for the mom to stay home, they just have to adjust their wants.

Besides, kids don't need K, so that shaves off $60k right there. :D
    In truth, the most important years for mom to be home with the kid is from birth through when school starts.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm not advocating public schools, but it's my belief that good parenting can overcome any adverse affects of public schools. Blaming schools for a child's problems seems more of a cop out to poor parenting to me.

Never sent a kid to Ball High in Galveston, did you?

Hard for any normal kid to get a decent education in some schools.

But you may have been referring to the social aspect, rather than the quality of education.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Never sent a kid to Ball High in Galveston, did you?

Hard for any normal kid to get a decent education in some schools.

But you may have been referring to the social aspect, rather than the quality of education.
    This thread isn't about the quality of education as much as it is a social problem. Certainly some public schools are better than others, but a school should not be a substitute for a child to learn moral values.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This thread isn't about the quality of education as much as it is a social problem. Certainly some public schools are better than others, but a school should not be a substitute for a child to learn moral values.

Agree.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    2 of the greatest Epic FAILS in Life:

Man trying to be a woman.

Woman trying to be a man.

caitlyn-jenner-family-secrets-pp.jpg

Lipstick on a PIG