Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sometimes things happen that remind me that the fact that Houston has no (well, almost no) zoning is a good thing.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    They were stupid to ask for a zoning change.

They could have set up a Dillon and reloaded all the brass they swept off the floor. It is not like they wanted to go head to head with Winchester, Remington, or Federal.

Getting the proper licensing to sell re manufactured ammo would not have been too difficult.

Methinks this was a marketing gimmick.

I reload in my garage and no one gives a schnitt!

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    They were stupid to ask for a zoning change.

They could have set up a Dillon and reloaded all the brass they swept off the floor. It is not like they wanted to go head to head with Winchester, Remington, or Federal.

Getting the proper licensing to sell re manufactured ammo would not have been too difficult.

Methinks this was a marketing gimmick.

I reload in my garage and no one gives a schnitt!

I believe they already do that. I have not had a chance to actually visit there myself yet but I we told as much by a friend who is a former employee there. I guess the ammo is for in-house use only...maybe that technically keeps them out of the "manufacturing" of it. I don't know all the regulations.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    I believe they already do that. I have not had a chance to actually visit there myself yet but I we told as much by a friend who is a former employee there. I guess the ammo is for in-house use only...maybe that technically keeps them out of the "manufacturing" of it. I don't know all the regulations.

Yes they do, and as a member, it came in quite handy for my 9mm when there was none to be found. I hope it does happen, as it would be a good source, and with a members discount, probably a decent price as well.

Top Bottom