• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a factory slant and it works fine

Until you try a brake that doesn't suck.

My AK is actually more accurate with that POS gone and off the rifle. I traded away my PWS brake years ago and spun a flash hider on, but no way I'll ever run a slant brake on an AK again.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    A buddy of mine put the cheap Tapco model onto his AK and introduced me to it at a shoot (without telling me the brand) - I shot the thing and was impressed at the lack of muzzle-flip.

I asked him who made the brake and when he grinned and said "Tapco - about $15", I about fell over in shock :)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    what the hell are people talking about when they talk about AK/ARs recoiling there's hardly any.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    what the hell are people talking about when they talk about AK/ARs recoiling there's hardly any.
    If you're simply tapping off one shot at a time, I agree in principle - but it makes a measurable difference to have something which reduces muzzle-flip when rapid-firing eg. faster split-times in competitive shooting.

Seeing as those rifles both come with muzzle-brakes installed by default, why not use a brake that's a bit better? The faster you can get your front-sight back on-target, the faster your follow-up shots can be.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Man, I wish you'd had a chance to shoot my AR when it was all 3-gunned out. Good brake, adjustable gas system set so it barely cycled... It was as close as it gets to shooting a laser gun as I've ever been. "Hardly any" recoil? There was none. I could put two hits on a c-zone steel at 200 yards with the second out of the barrel before the first one hit, and I'm not that good a shooter.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    C'mon, you know all you have to do is get to San Antonio for a weekend and ask.

Shit, we go shooting again, remind me and I'll bring the brake for my AR and you can see the difference.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    GoGun.com NoTalon. Worked well. I hear the F2 is better because it kills the torque effect, but Alex hasn't seen fit to throw a test and eval unit at me.

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    ... As an alternative, I suppose I'd choose one of those RS Products rails that Primary Arms carries. Ideally one that's biased either front or rear. ...

Your question is a bit dated, but I just now got around to snapping a couple of pics.

The quote is of my own post. Can you see how I may or may not have given you bad advice?

I say to get that rail biased one way or the other. This to reduce the footprint of the mount.

I got this one biased to the rear because I had thought I was going to put my BCO on this rifle. Didn't like it, so put a T-1 on it instead. I suppose that maybe most folks would prefer that T-1 just a little further forward. I like it where it is, actually.

If I had bought a rail biased forward and then decided I wanted to put a BCO on it, I would have been out of luck.

The difference between this mount and some others is that you can adjust where it sits over the bore. I guess that becomes important if your rifle is made not exactly correctly.

If your rifle is made correctly, the MI side mount also works well. I'm talking about the one with the ADM latching mechanism. I think that mount is kind of hard to look at, but it does work.

aklMedium_zps0b88aaf9.gif

akrMedium_zpsdc29d523.gif

Top Bottom