• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Who uses an optical sight and or a light on their carry weapon. What are your thoughts on ease of concealment. Jury is still out for me.
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m not a fan of a light on the firearm because it generally requires the firearm to be pointed at a target to illuminate it. I admit that an Illuminator on a rifle Is a slightly different beast when the Illuminator operation is controlled by the non-firing hand, but that takes a lot of discipline for folks who don’t practice with those tactics.

I have yet to shoot a mini-red dot on a pistol, but that’s on my list of stuff to do.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I only have lights on my HD pistols but no RD or lasers. My HD rifles have lights and RD/irons. My carry pistols just have iron sights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    As far as red dots on pistols, they aren't going anywhere, though i doubt they will become as universal as red dots on rifles.

The cost of a good dot, and getting a slide directly milled to accept it can almost triple the cost of a carry gun, which most people aren't going to be willing to spend

Maybe someday we'll get a universal standard mounting pattern.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Im trying out a light on my carry pistol for the first time. Im torn... its small & compact... Olight Mini Valkyrie, but makes your holster larger. The issue im having is i like to carry appendix i/w & the light makes the holster rub the crease of the thigh & hip area at 11 or 1.
    I think im try to convert this holster to an OTW & get a new holster without the light.

20200107_161359.jpg

Attachments

• 20200107_161359.jpg
      20200107_161359.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 480

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Nightstand gun has a light as does one in the living room. One of the ARs has a green light that sometimes lives on a 10/22 (varmints). My carry gun does not have lights but has night sights.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No....just no. NONE of my handguns have rails - and when I look at one to possibly buy, a rail DQ's it for me. To each their own, but if I put a gun in my hand, it's already hit the fan, and I'm a minimalist....I'm gonna double-tap my problem without being worried about being tacticool and lighting them. My nightstand gun is more likely to have a suppressor on it than a light.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    It's really dark in my house at night, where I live there are no streetlights or nightlights at all. I don't prefer to mess with a light but not inclined to shoot wildly into the dark either.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's really dark in my house at night, where I live there are no streetlights or nightlights at all. I don't prefer to mess with a light but not inclined to shoot wildly into the dark either.

Strategic placement of night lights will backlight your opponent without your eyes having to adjust to a sudden burst of light from you.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It also helps knowing that anybody else in the house is an intruder, without having to actually identify them...

Top Bottom