• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I saw and handled this trigger at the NRA convention and ordered it from Brownells when I got home. The president and founder of the company spent 12 years at Knights Armament and 14 years at Timney designing and building triggers. The wider trigger shoe along with moving the shoe farther forward makes the trigger more comfortable. And it's a clean, crisp breaking 3 lbs.

https://velocitytriggers.com/product/mpc-trigger-straight-with-finger-stop/

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I build an AR, I usually polish the trigger group, which makes it much smoother. There are several Youtube videos that show how to do a trigger job. It costs you a piece of 1200 grit sandpaper. I normally get my lower parts kits from Palmetto, and they pretty much always need some trigger work.

I also use the green springs from JP, which cost less than $10. That combo (springs and trigger job) usually results in a fantastic trigger. And I do it for under $15. The high end triggers may be much better than mine, but I doubt it. The triggers on my guns are great, and several of my friends have asked which high end trigger I installed. They are shocked to find out I have $15 in it.

And I save a ton of money doing it my way.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Everyone starts somewhere. The JP springs are inexpensive. I have a yellow trigger and red hammer spring in one rifle. They ran about 20 bucks. It made the mil spec trigger about 4#. Stoning or polishing will make it less gritty feeling. It won;t fix over travel or take up.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Vortek for optics.

Geissle for triggers.

Both often for sale at Primary Arms.

Are Aimpoints good...yes, but overpriced

Go for Vortex.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So My budget is broke 16 year old... but I am waiting and browsing sales and stuff. The type of rifle I'm going for with this build is a close target rife.
    Been there done that dude... I remember those days... still on a budget. Beer budget with champagne taste.

I know it's no super duper, mil-spec optic. But I bought one of these the day I bought my 300BLK AR. Needed something to get me shooting and hunting. I bought one of these... https://www.cabelas.com/product/TRU...VhrbACh12RA1yEAQYAyABEgJ-c_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I ran it on my 300BLK for a good solid year. Never had an issue with it, killed a few hogs with it actually. It's since become a shelf optic due to moving on to another scope. If you looking to get on the range and fling lead... it'd serve ya well I believe. If your interested, let me know. I'll send it your way man. I'd rather see it being used than just sitting on the shelf.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    When I build an AR, I usually polish the trigger group, which makes it much smoother. There are several Youtube videos that show how to do a trigger job. It costs you a piece of 1200 grit sandpaper. I normally get my lower parts kits from Palmetto, and they pretty much always need some trigger work.

I also use the green springs from JP, which cost less than $10. That combo (springs and trigger job) usually results in a fantastic trigger. And I do it for under $15. The high end triggers may be much better than mine, but I doubt it. The triggers on my guns are great, and several of my friends have asked which high end trigger I installed. They are shocked to find out I have $15 in it.

And I save a ton of money doing it my way.
    Likewise.....and I use JP yellow.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Been there done that dude... I remember those days... still on a budget. Beer budget with champagne taste.

I know it's no super duper, mil-spec optic. But I bought one of these the day I bought my 300BLK AR. Needed something to get me shooting and hunting. I bought one of these... https://www.cabelas.com/product/TRU...VhrbACh12RA1yEAQYAyABEgJ-c_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I ran it on my 300BLK for a good solid year. Never had an issue with it, killed a few hogs with it actually. It's since become a shelf optic due to moving on to another scope. If you looking to get on the range and fling lead... it'd serve ya well I believe. If your interested, let me know. I'll send it your way man. I'd rather see it being used than just sitting on the shelf.

Now there's an offer he can't refuse. Good job Fire.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Go with what you can afford, the good thing about AR's is that it's very easy to upgrade at any time. When I started to build a 300 Blackout I at first was looking to keep it under $1,000. Since I was buying one or more parts at a time, I started buying better and better parts, and so far I have about $1,500 into it.

I love how it shoots, but I know I could have built one for a lot less.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now there's an offer he can't refuse. Good job Fire.
    Well he PM'd me an address to ship to. But then wrote back saying don't ship and his mom was pissed.

Maybe she was mad about giving out an address. I understand... the web is a big place. I'm sure she doesn't realize we're just a bunch of good ol' country boys. Good luck to him..

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Advice for next time:
    If I am going to give something to a minor I ALWAYS ask the parent first. Period. No exceptions.

Have the kids parent open an account and pm you. Give them your contact info and pick IF and HOW to transfer the items. There are very few instances where I will give my contact info to a minor without parental consent.

from an idjit coffeeholic

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    LittleBear8me, I really can't blame Mom for being mad. I would be in her place. If possible, have mom get on the forum. That way she can see who we are and what we are about.
    If a transfer is to done, items can be shipped to a 3rd party close by for a face to face transfer in a public place so no addresses are exchanged. It can even be set up by PM so no phone numbers are exchanged either.
    WITH MOMS KNOWLEDGE AND PERMISSION.
    Trust has to be earned, and your Mom does not know us.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Advice for next time:
    If I am going to give something to a minor I ALWAYS ask the parent first. Period. No exceptions.

Have the kids parent open an account and pm you. Give them your contact info and pick IF and HOW to transfer the items. There are very few instances where I will give my contact info to a minor without parental consent.

Advice taken :facepalm:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    We all learn sometime. I have given away many $100s of dollars of fishing tackle to kids. $100 rod and reals because I didn't care for the way they worked. Even to the girl next door when she was about 10 so she would have a decent rod and real to fish with her Dad. Ask him first even. His cost him $40-$50. The one I gave her was almost $150 outfit. The looks on both their faces was worth it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sounds more like a joint operation.
    Maybe at a later date you can help him out. Hope he ain't because of it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom