Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    edit - called around to a few places, and they told me battery powered optics are not allowed, and that's a rule from the state of Texas...

Hey there,

I saw a few places online that mentioned you can't use red dots/optics of any kind on your pistol while doing the shooting portion of the LTC test.

Anybody know if this is true? What about raised suppressor night sights?

Not a big deal, just wondering if I should remove my Trijicon SRO red dot ahead of time.

Thanks,

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that this was a bit off-topic.

No exactly "optics", but I bought two very expensive LaserMax guide-rod LASER red dot units. One for a G21 & one for a G26. They worked great but didn't last very long, and the factory warranty period is short. They don't alter any dimensions or require special holsters. They are barely visible from outside the weapon, until turned-on.

leVieux

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Edit: Sorry, I just realized that this was a bit off-topic.

No exactly "optics", but I bought two very expensive LaserMax guide-rod LASER red dot units. One for a G21 & one for a G26. They worked great but didn't last very long, and the factory warranty period is short. They don't alter any dimensions or require special holsters. They are barely visible from outside the weapon, until turned-on.

leVieux

Did you try replacing the batteries?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you try replacing the batteries?

Of course, we tried most everything. Strangely the unit in the G21 batteies lasted a decade, but those in the 26 would last about 6 weeks.

The bigger one splintered in normal use, very light normal use, ad the one in the 26 just kept failing.

One CAVEAT for LaserMax is to use hard (Kydex) holsters to prevent accidentally turning the LASER on by the holster.

BTW, the splintered unit disabled the gun. Not very good for something used for serious emergencies. I won't buy another. My Son (Not the ATF Son) bought three "Crimson Trace" LASER grip panel units and said they all were junk.

leVieux

Last edited:
    Top Bottom