Options for selling used pistol locally?

dcpotts@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2013
Austin/DelValle
Other than posting an advertisment here (whenever I get my requisite 25 posts), what are other options for selling a used Glock?
I'm not new to the net, but I'm new to [guns + the net].
Are there other classifieds that are considered good?
What about selling to a store? I inquired at a local shop about them purchasing it, but his offer was predictably pretty low- but I dont really fault him, he needs to be able to make his $$ as well... so I guess I'm wondering if there is a mystical not-for-profit gun store that purchases used handguns at top price out of the kindness of their hearts ;-)
But barring that, are there any resources out there that I should be using?
Thanks

scgstuff

TGT Addict
Jan 7, 2011
Central Texas
You will probably get the most money selling FTF (face to face) with another person. Craigslist does not allow firearm sales, so boards like this or TexasGunTrader.com or TexasGunAds.com. Dealers will want a profit, so they won't give top dollar.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
Texas Gun Trader has worked for me, but be forewarned, there are some unscrupulous people there.

Also, gun shows are a good option. Walk around with your gun and a sign for sale etc.

Then there are the online auctions. Gunbroker, Guns America and others. With those, be prepared to ship with all that implies.

You could also try pawn shops that deal in guns (must do). That would get you a quick sale, but like selling to a gun shop, they will low ball.

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
A new one is gunnyboy.com. I have a few things on there. It is pretty new to the scene but it is geared to be like a local CL for guns & accessories. Nice thing it is totally free. Just needs to have it's footprint expanded to really become CL-like.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Consignment at a gun shop like Austin Gun Liquidators in Round Rock is a good option.

You don't have to deal with the knucklehead inquiries or flaky buyers. If your time is very valuable, it's a nice option.

Also, you mentioned selling locally, selling on gunbroker then shipping isn't an awful ordeal. That being said I prefer to list them for consignment.

Koinonia

Well-Known
Sep 10, 2012
San Antonio
Whwrnever you plan to sell it, remember you are selling it used, and not ask a high enough price, that we could buy brand new for. :p

warmachine77

Sep 12, 2012
United States
Nice! Ill have to check that out!
I'm an admin on that page. pm me your name and i'll add you

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs