0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    [url]http://www.kiiitv.com/news/area3news/70066042.html[/URL]

KIIITV News

Story Created: Nov 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM CST
    Story Updated: Nov 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM CST

(November 13, 2009)

ORANGE GROVE--A story now from Orange Grove, where a father who lost a son in the Iraq War has found a unique way to remember him along with others who have paid the ultimate price for we all enjoy.
    The man claims he was a shy person until his son died in the Iraq War. After that, he has become an advocate and a supporter for those families who lost loved ones on the battlefield.
    If you're driving around the Coastal Bend, you might see this car. It list all 23 soldiers who have died in the Iraq War on this F-150 truck.
    Cliff Kesinger owns the vehilce and lost his son, James Kesinger, nearly four years from a roadside bomb in Iraq. He put these names to make sure their spirit lives on.
    "I drive anywhere from Houston down to Brownsville all over," said Kesinger. "This way when somebody sees it they remember the soldiers."
    On the car, he has a Gold Star banner given to families who lose soldiers in the war. He also has a memorial tribute for soldiers who will never get to wear their boots or use their rifle again.
    Many times when travelling on the highways, drivers read the names and show their support.
    "I've had them pull up read it and back off and then come up honk their horns and salute the names," Kesinger said. "They salute them."
    The hardest thing for Kesinger is to put another name of a fallen soldier on the truck
    "No sir, I don't want to see anymore names add to it and it hurts every time I have to put a name on there," said Kesinger. "I don't want to see any more of our Coastal Bend soldiers or any soldiers lost again."
    It's something he can only hope for and pray it doesn't happen
    Military Camp

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom