• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I ordered a Glock 34 last night - with the factory Ameriglo night sights..... Hope it arrives soon.

That's it for now.. Nothing else out on the market I even want...

Once I go sight my new Beretta CX4 carbine in with the new Romeo 8 optic at the rifle range, I plan to sell that Mepro 21 optic I recently bought (but never used it). That will cover a good bit of the cost of the new Glock... Then, I'm done...

What is sad is that I just go in circles now. I've owned 3 digits worth of guns over 25+ years. That was the 3rd time I bought a CX4.

I also owned a Glock 34 before - maybe 15+ years ago.

Because of neck issues, I previously sold all my rifles. I've gotten a bit better, but not back to normal. So, 1 rifle is really all I need. And by having a 9mm carbine, I can at least shoot it at my local indoor range - instead of having to drive so far away to shoot a 5.56.... I'd go 2-3 years in between range trips with rifles sometimes.

Anyway, I know we all say "that's it" and never mean it. But, really nothing strikes my fancy any longer. Only other thing I'd love is an Ed Brown 9mm 1911. But, in years past, I've also previously owned 2 Ed Browns many years ago, and a Springfield Custom Shop 1911, along with 2 Dan Wesson 1911s . As I get older, I just don't feel like spending $2500-$3k on a single gun any longer.
    Target Sports

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Well, I picked it up on Friday. 5th Gen G34 with Ameriglo night sights.

I did own an older G34 many years ago. So, I am familiar with the gun. But, I wanted one again. Time will tell if I send it off to get some customization work done to it. MAYBE next year. For now, it will stay stock...

Came in on Friday... I still have to go shoot it, but it's pretty cool :)

I've owned 7 Glocks over the years (plus 2 more since August) - I had mixed feelings about them. But, when I got a Glock 48 back in March, I started to like the platform again. And, I can admire the simplicity of them.

I picked up a 5th Gen G19 last month that has been my carry gun for about a month now. And, I was going to wait and get the G34 next year - but, I couldn't help myself :)

m8h2YAA.jpg

QB TOO

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Carrollton, TX
    Nice!! I have a Gen 3 Glock 34. Haven't shot it for years, may have to take it to the range next trip.

I know what you are talking about when you say you've re-bought guns you used to have...LOL.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    just shot the G34 yesterday - That thing is awesome. It groups very well and tight. Love the longer sight radius and the low recoil from the size. I shoot it about as well as the M9A3.

I also put a few rounds thru the G19 and my APX Centurion.

I really think that I may sell my APX and get another Glock. I love these 5th gen Glocks much more than past generations.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I qualify for blue label Glocks. The places that carry those tended to have stock longer. But now, even the place I got my last 2 blue label Glocks are sold out of pretty much everything too. Thankfully I got mine before they did.
    Poop. I meant to go check on blue label at a local seller a couple of weeks ago. Maybe there's still a chance.

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    I had bought one about 20 years ago and found a used ported barrel for it locally. My oldest son fell in love with it and it is still one of his favorite guns.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I managed to track down another Glock 34 Gen 5. Someone on Glocktalk told me about a local shop near them that had one. When I get it, I plan to send it to Taran Tactical for some custom work :)

I was going to send off my first one. But, I did pay extra for night sights on it. And, after shooting it, I want to leave it as is as a defensive gun. Once Taran Tactical does their work, their trigger is too light for self defense IMHO. So, I wanted a 2nd one to send off...

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    My new G34 and G19 were from Gt Distributors in Austin. Unfortunately, in the last 2 weeks, they seem to have sold out on most Glocks
    I bought a Glock last Friday at GT Distributors in Dallas. He said they were having no trouble getting Glocks and had plenty of them. Said they were having some difficulty getting some other guns and definitely problems getting ammunition.

They had blue label guns but also had commercial Glock 44's so I just bought a commercial one. Same price on that gun.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I bought a Glock last Friday at GT Distributors in Dallas. He said they were having no trouble getting Glocks and had plenty of them. Said they were having some difficulty getting some other guns and definitely problems getting ammunition.

They had blue label guns but also had commercial Glock 44's so I just bought a commercial one. Same price on that gun.

I wanted another Gen 5G34... I want to send the 2nd one off to Taran Tactical, and leave the one I just got as stock... The GT Distributor website is sold out on most Glocks. Now, they may have stock in their physical stores that is not on the website to order....

I even waited on hold 40 min this morning to see if they had any.... Maybe something that was NOT on the website... Guy told me they did not have any G34s to sell. And, I've already gotten 2 blue label Glocks from them, so I couldn't order another blue label one... So, I have to wait until Jan 1, 2021 to buy another blue label gun from them....

But, I did manage to find a G34 5th gen from a shop in Ohio, after someone on Glocktalk sent me a PM with the info.... They were sold out on the website too. But, they had just gotten 1 into the shop. And, he took the order via phone

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Think I may go full circle on a Browning hi power. I had one as well as an feg clone years ago and sold or traded both off. I've always wanted a hi power practical so that's back on the shortlist. As far as Glocks, I like the 34 as well but I have too many great shooting nines to justify another any time soon.

Top Bottom