ordering ammo online

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by country_boy, May 25, 2009.

1. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Is there anything I need to know before ordering some 7.62 x 25 surplus ammo from an online site? First time doing this.

2. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Like what?

It's like ordering anything on-line. If you trust the business and like the pricing, order it. :p

3. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    i meant do i have to be home to sign for it?? im at work till 3:15pm

4. Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I haven't had to sign for any of the ammo I've ordered online. It's all been shipped UPS, and while I've been home to receive most of it, they don't require or even request a signature. If no one's home, they leave it on the front step like any other package.

5. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    yesssss.. front doorstep. now if you'll just kindly hand me your address i'll be sure to keep them nice and warm till you get home

6. frijolero817

frijolero817 Member

May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I was at home when I received my ammo that I ordered online. They had me sign, but who knows if I wouldn't have been there. The only other thing I can think of is sometimes they want you to fax them a copy of your ID.

7. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    They do mark the outside of the box with "ammunition" or some such, so there is not secret as to what's in the box. And they are usually very heavy for their size.

I've only ordered from Georgia Arms. Who are you considering?

8. Green Hornet

Green Hornet Member

Apr 23, 2009
    North Texas
    You don’t need a signature when delivered. When you leave your D.L. and signature on file with the company you’re ordering it from. They already have your signature with your D.L. When you fax it them. My neighbor has this done.

I prefer:
    When ordering from, let’s say, from Cabelas, they don’t accept your D.L and signature on file as confirmation who their selling it to. They put an “adult signature required” sticker on the box. And let UPS confirm the adult, signature for them. That’s how it’s supposed to go.

UPS makes three attempts to deliver your package. That is, if they don’t leave it at your door. After the 3rd attempt, if you do not call them for re-delivery. They will return the package back to the sender.
    The re-delivery, after the first three delivery attempts is like in baseball. Three attempts and you miss em. You’re out! Back to the dug-out!

9. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
  10. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well would they leave a card on my door where I can sign for it then deliver the next day??