• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    i meant do i have to be home to sign for it?? im at work till 3:15pm

I haven't had to sign for any of the ammo I've ordered online. It's all been shipped UPS, and while I've been home to receive most of it, they don't require or even request a signature. If no one's home, they leave it on the front step like any other package.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    yesssss.. front doorstep. now if you'll just kindly hand me your address i'll be sure to keep them nice and warm till you get home

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I was at home when I received my ammo that I ordered online. They had me sign, but who knows if I wouldn't have been there. The only other thing I can think of is sometimes they want you to fax them a copy of your ID.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    They do mark the outside of the box with "ammunition" or some such, so there is not secret as to what's in the box. And they are usually very heavy for their size.

I've only ordered from Georgia Arms. Who are you considering?

Green Hornet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Texas
    You don’t need a signature when delivered. When you leave your D.L. and signature on file with the company you’re ordering it from. They already have your signature with your D.L. When you fax it them. My neighbor has this done.

I prefer:
    When ordering from, let’s say, from Cabelas, they don’t accept your D.L and signature on file as confirmation who their selling it to. They put an “adult signature required” sticker on the box. And let UPS confirm the adult, signature for them. That’s how it’s supposed to go.

UPS makes three attempts to deliver your package. That is, if they don’t leave it at your door. After the 3rd attempt, if you do not call them for re-delivery. They will return the package back to the sender.
    The re-delivery, after the first three delivery attempts is like in baseball. Three attempts and you miss em. You’re out! Back to the dug-out!

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Sounds like it's going to depend on who you're buying from and what they require. Check with them first ... I haven't provided my DL or signature info to anyone I'm buying from, and haven't had anyone ship sig required.

Green Hornet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Texas
    several places like this

7.62x25/.30 Tokarev

This is their policy.

We will ship ammo to anyone over 21, directly to your home address if you like. When placing the order either by phone or online at jgsales.com you will be asked to make a statement of your date of birth, and that you are complying with all applicable laws. Also, an adult over the age of 21 needs to be present at the delivery address to sign for the ammo when delivered. Persons over 18 but under 21 may order ammo for a long gun, but must have it shipped to a location where someone over 21 can sign for it. If you are from California there are additional restrictions, such as no tracer or incendiary ammo.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Tracking number..

You should have them put a tracking number on it so you can....well, track it.

It might be automatic with UPS.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Online Ammo-UPS

I have ordered a lot from MidwayUSA & J&G Sales, the UPS drivers usually have me sign but leave it on the porch when I am not home. I'm on a farm so nobody is going to bother it. Plus our UPS driver is a friend from another city near where we used to live.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I ordered my ammo through J&G sales and Palmetto State Armory. Both were delivered UPS. Neither required a signature or ID for delivery.

Top Bottom