• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I know people who would LOVE to get into a piss fight over this law. I can smell the powder burning already!

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's too bad this is happening in Oregon. That's pretty country and I used to have a girlfriend outside Portland who gave me an excuse to fly up there rather frequently.
    It is too bad and I agree that it is very pretty, the coastline there IMO is the prettiest on either coast, and I also miss riding (motorcycle) the cascades.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    It is too bad and I agree that it is very pretty, the coastline there IMO is the prettiest on either coast, and I also miss riding (motorcycle) the cascades.
    It is also the home of Deschutes Brewery (Black Butte Porter, yum) in Bend, Crater Lake NP, Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge, the Columbia River and the town of Hood River. Lots of good things in Oregon except the gubermnt.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It is also the home of Deschutes Brewery (Black Butte Porter, yum) in Bend, Crater Lake NP, Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge, the Columbia River and the town of Hood River. Lots of good things in Oregon except the gubermnt.
    There are many excellent micro breweries in Oregon, but after 27 years of being sober I couldn't name them. I can go on for hours about the topography, I truly did love it (except during the rainy seasons). There were several reasons I left Oregon and politics was definitely on the list, in fact the whole west coast now is infested with leftists.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well that's a big problem we have right now. Too many lazy, unscrupulous, and/or activist robes behind the bench.
    Ain't that the truth, as evidenced with the state supreme court justices lifting the presidents travel ban only to have the U.S. supreme court finally reinstating it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well that's a big problem we have right now. Too many lazy, unscrupulous, and/or activist robes behind the bench.
    That's not a problem "right now". It's been a problem for as long as I can remember.

One of the stories I don't tell in print (in detail) but only in person is a personal fight between myself and several dozen other officers on one side and a federal district court judge on the other. Ultimately, he was disciplined and things were set straight but for literally years he refused to follow the law in a number of critical cases. How? He simply instructed his clerk to NEVER place them on the docket. If you can't get your day in court, sometimes you can't get anything done.

Thank God for Chief Judge DeAnda and his willingness to smack down a colleague or I'd still have cases pending.

ETA - And the point I forgot to make was that this all took place ~30 years ago. Judges with personal agendas are nothing new.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Since May 29th, 1790 the Constitution had been ratified (became law). They understood it then, yet courts have tried to twist it to their own standards even today. If it was understood then, why is it so hard for them to understand today? It wasn't written in code.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Remember, this is the same state where it is illegal for you to pump your own gas or for a restaurant to cook your steak, fish or hamburger anything less than well done no matter how you ordered it.
    Blasphemy, done on a steak is burned...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom