• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Might have n opportunity to procure an original 48 star American Flag. I am guessing that it would be from around the 30's or 40's but not sure. Any tips or advice on this would be appreciated.
    Venture Surplus ad

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Might have n opportunity to procure an original 48 star American Flag. I am guessing that it would be from around the 30's or 40's but not sure. Any tips or advice on this would be appreciated.
    There are still quite a few 48 Star U.S. flags around despite their attractiveness to WWII reenactors. I have a couple myself. I don't know if there are reproductions yet on the market, but my 48 star flags have no labels or tags and appear to be made of linen. My mantra is when authenticity is in question, pay repo prices and you won't get burned.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    There are still quite a few 48 Star U.S. flags around despite their attractiveness to WWII reenactors. I have a couple myself. I don't know if there are reproductions yet on the market, but my 48 star flags have no labels or tags and appear to be made of linen. My mantra is when authenticity is in question, pay repo prices and you won't get burned.

This one might be coming to me as a gift. A family member had found a stash of pre WW2 items and two of these flag were in there. One was quickly sold on ebay and the other may hav been saved which I may receive.

Top Bottom