• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Does anyone know if keeping your CCL current, even with constitutional carry now available, will still allow you to purchase a new firearm without enduring the waiting period?

Huh?

It’s always been optional for an FFL to accept a TX LTC in lieu of a NICS check, but a NICS delay is a still a NICS delay.

That’s for any transfer, not just ‘new’ sales.
    DK Firearms

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Does anyone know if keeping your CCL current, even with constitutional carry now available, will still allow you to purchase a new firearm without enduring the waiting period?
    In Texas there is no background check required of LTC holders. The only waiting period would be if a background check is delayed. Federal law allows a go after 3 business days.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Either the Second Amendment means what if clearly SAYS, or not. The founders wanted weapons rights to be enshrined as untouchable by government.

Bloomberg's "common sense" is a direct attack on us all, but many ate too brainwashed to recognize it.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Huh?

It’s always been optional for an FFL to accept a TX LTC in lieu of a NICS check, but a NICS delay is a still a NICS delay.

That’s for any transfer, not just ‘new’ sales.
    \

We went through this last Fall, and the final ruling was that a "LTC" was good instead of the NCIS "check", even for an out-of-state purchaser, but ONLY if the LTC was issued by Texas. But, even in that situation, the FFL can't sell handguns to out-of-state w/o transfer.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I tend to think that the training is warranted, reasonable, and prudent. However, having held separately acquired licenses in 5 states, I think there should be some credit given for previous experience. I also strongly disagree with open carry unless in a hunting environment. Showing off your weapon just invites stupidity.
    I mostly agree with your statement re: open carry. Personally, I don‘t like to open carry in public but I don’t think it should be banned or anything like that. The only situations where I ever open carry is

1) what I got out to the farm
    2) when I’m on my motorcycle

The reason I open carry on the bike is because neither of my bike jackets fit over the side arm, so is just easier to tuck the jacket behind my holster. I will say that when I do that, I attract the most courteous drivers for some reason.

Top Bottom