• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Work for a company that uses IMAP email system.

Had a guy who's profile was all sorts of glitchy. so I did what I used to do 10 years ago when I was the unofficial IT guy (guy with one eye in the land of the blind) And setup a new profile for him.

DID not realize that a couple upgrades ago, that they switched everything to OST files, and that OST files, cannot be transferred or renamed like they did with PST Files.

SOOOO I've lost all this guys contacts.
    https://www.msoutlook.info/question/do-not-risk-losing-your-contacts-and-calendar-when-using-imap
    This link says, convert it to a PST file. But the software to do that costs 100 bucks...

any of you guys messed with this before? Have any suggestions?
    Capitol Armory ad

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    You can use outlook to do this recovery but it is a bit of a round-about way. Outlook itself will not let you attach an OST file... What you can do however, is configure Outlook under a separate profile with the user in question's connection (to build the proper authentication certificates). Build it making sure to check the box for Offline use.

Once it is connected, force outlook into offline mode (I usually pull the network connection as well just in case). With outlook forced to offline mode, close outlook. You can now delete the OST file that was just created and replace it with the OST file that you wish to recover from. (NOTE: there is a process from task manager you will have to close that monitors the OST file to not let you delete it, I don't remember off the top of my head what it is, but i remember the name being fairly obvious.)

Start Outlook back up (it should still be in forced offline mode. It will take a few minutes as it builds all the data from the Recovered OST file. Once it is up and running, move EVERYTHING over to a PST file, and you will be good to go.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/190047-is-there-a-freeware-tool-to-convert-ost-to-pst

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So offline, it will let you rename the to what whatever the current file is and you're good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom