• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Texas Marksmanship Academy has finished the ranges in Fredericksburg and College Station. The Fredericksburg Range is out to 600 yards with a 50 yard pistol bay. Our range is open to all rifles including 50 BMG. The College Station range is out to 800 yards. Both ranges have steel and paper every 100 yards.

These ranges are for the sole use of providing training to our students. Our classes are based on what the students request. We specialize in low stress, high quality training in a private setting. We provide feedback on every round fired so you don’t make the same mistake over and over. This not only saves ammo, it saves you time.

We bring over 50 years of competitive shooting skills to you in both National and International shooting competitions ranging from rifle, to pistol and carbine. My senior instructor is a double distinguished shooter with over 20 years of experience shooting for the National Guard Bureau All Guard Marksmanship Team. He is a 3 time (in a row) overall national champion in combat shooting and still holds International records to this date. I am a distinguished Pistol Shooter, and member of the International Combat team as well as the Bullseye Pistol team.

If you need training, give me a call. I can assure you that no one has more passion for Marksmanship that we do!

John Conley
    Owner
    Texas Marksmanship Academy
    512-809-7649
    Ammo is expensive….. Stop missing
    Military Camp

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Quote:

"The Fredericksburg Range is out to 600 yards with a 50 yard pistol bay that is open to all rifles including 50 BMG".

I don't think I'll take my pistol to a range where a 50 BMG might be parked right next to me. Even with hearing protection, that would ...

English, anyone?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    "The Fredericksburg Range is out to 600 yards with a 50 yard pistol bay that is open to all rifles including 50 BMG".

I don't think I'll take my pistol to a range where a 50 BMG might be parked right next to me. Even with hearing protection, that would ...

English, anyone?
    Readable to me. All rifles are welcome in the 50-yard bay. If he meant to say something different, I'm sure he can speak up.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Ok... This should make things a little clearer. Sorry if my English gets to be like my Shooter Math after a long competition.

We have an area for Pistol, and the berm is 50 or so yards away. The rifle range is open to everything including .50 cal. I imagine if you wanted to shoot a .50 cal on the pistol range, that would be OK, but its easier for us to setup another target on the rifle range if needed for close range. To be honest, If a person shows up with a rifle that has no zero, we might use the Pistol bay just to get you on paper so you dont send rounds over the 600 yard hill. We are pretty flexible, and can do whatever we want as the need arises.

We would not schedule someone to shoot Pistol or anything else at the same time someone is going to shoot a 50.

That clear things up?
    John

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's almost enough to make me want to learn how to shoot a rifle, something I'm crap at. I might be interested in something that has to do with marksmanship, as opposed to pretending to make ready for the zombie apocalypse while playing dress-up in neat-o ninja tactical gear.

Do you offer any training suitable for morbidly obese old arthritics with terrible eyesight who are also rank beginners?

OK, I meant that to be funny...but then I realized it's actually a fair description of me. Now that I've depressed myself, I think I'll retire for the evening.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I'm with Benenglish, I can Shoot. But I'd really like a range master, who could stand back and lob pointers in my direction. I'll try almost anything once. A little improvement is better than none.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    When you book training with us, you get a range buddy. One instructor is calling the hits, and one is focused on watching you shoot.

Top Bottom