• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    What percentage of our newest gun buyers were just not interested in guns until now?

What percentage were previously anti-gun, beto types, but then decided yes, maybe owning a gun is a good idea after all, but still believe in redistributing your wealth?

Or, am I being a bit harsh?

What say you?
    Lynx Defense

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    mdf,

I hear ya, and you're probably right........those who were (probably still are) anti-gun bernie bros/beto bros can't bear to admit their hypocrisy.

Once the storm is past, these new gun owners will probably give up their guns to be melted down because they're really principled after all...and continue to bang on the drum as sjw's and share your wealth you evil Capitalists........

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    These same folk want us to consider them our 'new' pro-gun allies and teach them the care and feeding of things...gun.

I'm willing with one proviso: You have to convince me 'new gun owner' you weren't anti-gun before now, but were just not particularly interested in guns....can't/won't do that...no problem...go elsewhere for help.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    First of all, I detest hypocrisy. I strongly suspect that many of these "new gun owners" are still anti-gun, or support further gun restrictions, or banning of certain types of guns.

Second, I believe in about six to eight months, after things stabilize, and normalize, many of these new guns will be flooding the used gun market. Brand new, to barely used guns.

I'd pay the hypocrites pennies on the dollar!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    First of all, I welcome them all with open arms. If they truly want an education I will gladly offer my help.

I have been ignorant of things in the past and changed my mind when I learned about them.

Hopefully they learn the truth about buying and using firearms and become allies. Yes there is a paper trail and you can't just order them online and have them delivered type things.

As far as a percentage of current buyers that were antis? I would guess less than 10%.

Guess at a percent of those that will actually convert? Less than 10%.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    First of all, I welcome them all with open arms. If they truly want an education I will gladly offer my help.

I have been ignorant of things in the past and changed my mind when I learned about them.

Hopefully they learn the truth about buying and using firearms and become allies. Yes there is a paper trail and you can't just order them online and have them delivered type things.

As far as a percentage of current buyers that were antis? I would guess less than 10%.

Guess at a percent of those that will actually convert? Less than 10%.

I hope you are more right, and that I'm wrong. But, as the older I get, the more cynical I become.

IF, huge if, they are truly just new gun owners, not hypocritical anti-gun liberals, then I agree with you 110%. And I welcome them with open arms too.

I do truly hope you're right, and that I'm wrong about this.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Most of these new gun buyers are the ones buying lame guns because they don't know any better. 6 months after it's all over pawn shops will be buying it up.

This^^ They won't have the know how to sell it on their own and the pawn and gun shops will make it very easy for them and a killing in return.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If the current crop of gun buyers weren't anti gun, does that mean that gun owners feel that they need more guns due to CV?
    They are just panic buying?

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Lefturds aren't anti-gun. They're anti-YOU-having a gun.

Moonpie hit the nail on the head. Libs HAVE ALWAYS wanted to tell US what to do and how to do it.
    They NEVER have any intention of living by those rules. That's why they lecture US on guns while surrounded by armed guards. They lecture US on global warming, cooling, climate change then jump on their private jets and haul their asses to the next photo op. They outlaw straws then sip their little umbrella drinks through straws, on a beach they flew to on their jets with their armed guards. THEY SUCK and I refuse them my time and my money. F 'em.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If the current crop of gun buyers weren't anti gun, does that mean that gun owners feel that they need more guns due to CV?
    They are just panic buying?

I would guess there’s a mix. Those who grew up around firearms but never bought one after they left the house...didn’t see the need.

Those who were agnostic before and saw the light.

Those who were picking up one despite what the wife/gf/manbitch had to say about it before.

Those picking up one with the wife/daughter/sister who felt it would be a good idea to have a gun around because BSC just went to a whole ‘nother level.

Those picking one up because it’s like TP and should be hoarded then resold.

And rarely, a true, dyed in the wool anti-gun phuktatd who’s decided it may not be a bad idea to have a gun.

I expect most of the ‘new’ or first time buyers probably one box of ammo that was recommended by the salesman. Some, maybe a high minority, will actually load a mag. A few will put that mag in the gun. There’ll be some NDs.

Several will try to go to a class and then give up because rosters are full and/or not available. The gun gets put on the top shelf in the closet and forgotten about. They’ll move and somebody will inherit a gun; who knows what happens then.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I really don't know the answer to this. My next door neighbor on one side had a Beto sign, I had a Cruz sign and my other next door neighbor had a Cruz sign and I know he has guns too. Maybe I need to talk to the Beto neighbor. I do know that people can change. Even the hippies became conservatives, at least the ones that didn't overdose. On the other hand there are my 2 bros that live in Commiefornia.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Anecdotally, gun store owners generally say “most” customers these days are new buyers, based in the articles I’ve read.

Iraqveteran8888, MRGunsnGear and many others are posting new “what new gun owners need to know” vids on YouTube, so it appears there are quite a few noobs.

Edit: typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
    Top Bottom