Join TexasGunTalk

Our Newest Gun Buyers

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Mowingmaniac 24/7, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    What percentage of our newest gun buyers were just not interested in guns until now?

What percentage were previously anti-gun, beto types, but then decided yes, maybe owning a gun is a good idea after all, but still believe in redistributing your wealth?

Or, am I being a bit harsh?

What say you?

96fordsix, jordanmills and Axxe55 like this.
  2. mdf9183

mdf9183 Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    I don't think anyone is going to admit that they were anti-gun and changed their minds because of the virus.

jordanmills, Axxe55 and Renegade like this.
  3. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Nov 7, 2015
    mdf,

I hear ya, and you're probably right........those who were (probably still are) anti-gun bernie bros/beto bros can't bear to admit their hypocrisy.

Once the storm is past, these new gun owners will probably give up their guns to be melted down because they're really principled after all...and continue to bang on the drum as sjw's and share your wealth you evil Capitalists........

4. Fishkiller

Fishkiller Active Member TGT Supporter

Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I saw an article where a dude in Hollywood was buying a gun, but did not want his name used or his face shown. He did not want his liberal buds to know he was buying a gun. So I doubt there will be any wholesale admissions.

5. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Nov 7, 2015
    These same folk want us to consider them our 'new' pro-gun allies and teach them the care and feeding of things...gun.

I'm willing with one proviso: You have to convince me 'new gun owner' you weren't anti-gun before now, but were just not particularly interested in guns....can't/won't do that...no problem...go elsewhere for help.

IMPD2079, CyberWolf and Axxe55 like this.
  6. Axxe55

Axxe55 Active Member

Dec 15, 2019
    East Texas
    First of all, I detest hypocrisy. I strongly suspect that many of these "new gun owners" are still anti-gun, or support further gun restrictions, or banning of certain types of guns.

Second, I believe in about six to eight months, after things stabilize, and normalize, many of these new guns will be flooding the used gun market. Brand new, to barely used guns.

I'd pay the hypocrites pennies on the dollar!

91B10 and jordanmills like this.
  7. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    First of all, I welcome them all with open arms. If they truly want an education I will gladly offer my help.

I have been ignorant of things in the past and changed my mind when I learned about them.

Hopefully they learn the truth about buying and using firearms and become allies. Yes there is a paper trail and you can't just order them online and have them delivered type things.

As far as a percentage of current buyers that were antis? I would guess less than 10%.

Guess at a percent of those that will actually convert? Less than 10%.

TX OMFS, GoPappy, rotor and 3 others like this.
  8. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Most of these new gun buyers are the ones buying lame guns because they don't know any better. 6 months after it's all over pawn shops will be buying it up.

Southpaw likes this.
  9. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

Lefturds aren't anti-gun. They're anti-YOU-having a gun.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 Active Member

Dec 15, 2019
    East Texas

I hope you are more right, and that I'm wrong. But, as the older I get, the more cynical I become.

IF, huge if, they are truly just new gun owners, not hypocritical anti-gun liberals, then I agree with you 110%. And I welcome them with open arms too.

I do truly hope you're right, and that I'm wrong about this.