Patriot Mobile

Our System of Government is Under Attack!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    I'm not sure you can impeach an already sitting supreme court justice, but the President can sure pressure them to retire earlier than usual.
    I'm pretty sure that in the past, Senators have induced early retirement as well.
    The false impeachment that the House did to the President was inconceivable, and immoral.
    They used false information, and false facts to ride roughshod over an innocent man. The only reason they passed the motion to impeach was solely hatred for the man subjected 2 years of investigation that resulted in nothing.
    I don't know how people from the states of New York, and California are able to hold our government hostage, because they are certainly still doing it.
    AOC and Pelosi need to be tried for treason, or at the least arrested for using illegal information to impeach an innocent President.
    The "liberal" media needs to be held accountable for false reporting, and attacking a sitting President, and leading the public to believe he was a criminal.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Trying to impeach the justices would have been as stupid and Reid changing the required votes for appointments to a simple majority. It would only start a cycle of impeaching and replacing the justices depending on who’s in power and destabilizing our system of checks and balances. Making rules to benefit yourself while in power will only serve to benefit someone else in 5-10 years. Besides the fact that acting like the Dems is obviously not a smart move.

Repeal NFA and GCA? Not going to happen. At least it’s unlikely in my lifetime and I’ve probably got at least 35 years left in me.

Then I don't understand your earlier post about "sweeping". What's the point of sweeping, as we did, if we don't use it to implement the will of the people? You say, "Making rules to benefit yourself while in power..." -- what do you think the point of government is? Government is supposed to benefit those who create the government. If we elect the government, then the government is supposed to benefit us. Generally, Republicans like to start with, "Government should protect my liberty."

That's great. No problem. And when the democrats elect the majority of the government, it will serve their interests, which are different. And when we elect the majority once again, if it doesn't serve our interests, what was the point in voting?

As for the NFA / GCA -- you say it's not going to happen. Then why bother voting, if even when you win the government won't implement your will? Shouldn't unconstitutional laws be repealed or overturned?

Hell, the impeachment fiasco with Trump but the Dems in the ass.

Did it? Then why is Joe Biden leading in the polls? I assume since it "bit them in the ass" we can look forward to keeping the Senate and re-electing Trump, while re-gaining control in the House?

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I'm not sure you can impeach an already sitting supreme court justice

Now you can be sure. Allow me to introduce you to Article 2, Section 4 of the US Constitution.
    ... gives Congress the authority to impeach and remove "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States"

As for impeachment of federal judges and Justices, it's been tried 66 times:

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Now you can be sure. Allow me to introduce you to Article 2, Section 4 of the US Constitution.
    ... gives Congress the authority to impeach and remove "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States"

As for impeachment of federal judges and Justices, it's been tried 66 times:
    Has it ever been successfully done to a Supreme Court Justice? I'm just curious.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    That's great. No problem. And when the democrats elect the majority of the government, it will serve their interests, which are different. And when we elect the majority once again, if it doesn't serve our interests, what was the point in voting?

As for the NFA / GCA -- you say it's not going to happen. Then why bother voting, if even when you win the government won't implement your will? Shouldn't unconstitutional laws be repealed or overturned?
    The point in voting is to put people in office that you think will do the things you support, but there are rules about how those things are done. One of those currently is that it takes 60 votes to cut off debate so you can have that vote (filibuster).

Unconstitutional laws should be identified as such by the Supreme Court and struck down. The legislative branch does not determine the constitutionality of bills really. If they have the votes, they can pass anything they want and as long as the Supreme Court doesn't strike it down, it becomes law. Ever heard of the right to have abortions ? Do you think that is "constitutional" ?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then I don't understand your earlier post about "sweeping". What's the point of sweeping, as we did, if we don't use it to implement the will of the people? You say, "Making rules to benefit yourself while in power..." -- what do you think the point of government is? Government is supposed to benefit those who create the government. If we elect the government, then the government is supposed to benefit us. Generally, Republicans like to start with, "Government should protect my liberty."

Did it? Then why is Joe Biden leading in the polls? I assume since it "bit them in the ass" we can look forward to keeping the Senate and re-electing Trump, while re-gaining control in the House?

The point is to send a message the people will not tolerate asshattery from their elected officials and that even more centrist Dems will vote R when the Dems swing to the far left. The point is to introduce section 302 Reforms. The point is to stop the idiotic, expensive, and time wasting impeachment schemes and ridiculous investigations that lead no where (not do more of the same), and to nominate and appoint judges to vacancies.

Err Ma Gerd, day wont re peel nfa! No point in vote enee moor! That’s a ridiculous stance. And that’s the will of you, me, and some others on this forum. If you think that is the will of “the people” you are living in a bubble no different than the far left.

And trust the polls if you like. They were super accurate in 2016. Personally, I won’t assume anything and will vote, and encourage everyone who is sick of what the left is doing to vote. But like it or not, Trump is abrasive as hell. The media is controlled by the left. And a lot of people in this country simply don’t follow politics closely enough to really know what’s going on beyond whatever they happen to overhear on CNN when they walk in to Stripes for a breakfast burrito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you think that is the will of “the people” you are living in a bubble no different than the far left.
    I try not to live in a bubble but when 2016 rolled around and everyone was sworn in, I sure was hoping for some minor technical corrections legislation to tweak the NFA and FOPA. Obviously, I was disappointed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As much as many gun owners, I would love to see the NFA and the GCA both repealed or eliminated, but realistically, I don't think it will ever happen. I don't think either would gain even support from Republicans, much less ANY Democrat to gain enough votes for it to ever happen. Not in my lifetime or anyone's grandchildren's lifetime.

Even the Hearing Protection Act, which would remove suppressors from the NFA list, and have them regulated like most firearms has stalled out and as of currently, became a no-starter.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I try not to live in a bubble but when 2016 rolled around and everyone was sworn in, I sure was hoping for some minor technical corrections legislation to tweak the NFA and FOPA. Obviously, I was disappointed.

Minor tweaks, maybe some changes...I think that’s “possible” under the right circumstances. But I don’t think we will see a repeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We did sweep. Trump's first years in office, and the 114th United States Congress.

And what did the morons do? They frittered it away. Could have repealed the NFA, could have repealed the GCA, could have impeached Ginsberg and Breyer and Sotomayor and Kagan right off the Court, could have forced a balanced budget, term limits, any freaking thing in the world.
    Never go full tard.

Top Bottom