• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Spending money we dont have. Eventually the gov will run out of money to borrow. Then the sh*t will hit the fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, we are financially broke. Like living off credit cards and using one to pay the others.

Eventually they will all be maxed out and no one will give us a new one. The only thing saving us right now are the ones loaning the money realize that pulling the plug would ruin any chance of them getting repaid.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    And when the folks living off the gov dont get paid Is when things are gonna get bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    A horrible situation for the family, but also an honest mistake. Those officers were given the wrong address.

Where this really gets scary are no-knock raids by SWAT teams when they have the wrong address. That has had some dire consequences. It's worth looking at whether or not we are sacrificing essential freedoms in the name of "safety". However, the LEOs don't write the law. If the law sucks, we as a society need to make sure our representatives are held accountable.

Like I said, there are going to be some douchebags in uniform. It happens everywhere. Bullies with a badge, whatever you want to call them. On the other hand I know some pretty damn good officers who really believe in protecting the public. In the above example from Houston, as horrible as that situation was, it's hard not to say that anyone else here wouldn't have made a similar mistake and at least HPD is admitting wrongdoing. There are plenty of places where the cops would have just said "Oh well. Good faith exception. Sucks to be you."

Well said. The proliferation of no-knock warrants is a threat to our freedom and can be dangerous to both innocent parties and officers involved.

That said, most police are just doing their job. If an agency makes a mistake they need to own it, apologize, and make restitution. In the mean time the voting block needs to push for legislation to curtail the "war on drugs" and set some even stricter limits on the ability to conduct such warrants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Well said. The proliferation of no-knock warrants is a threat to our freedom and can be dangerous to both innocent parties and officers involved.

That said, most police are just doing their job. If an agency makes a mistake they need to own it, apologize, and make restitution. In the mean time the voting block needs to push for legislation to curtail the "war on drugs" and set some even stricter limits on the ability to conduct such warrants.

Knock Knock
    Hey Mr. Bad Guy.
    This is the police. Will you come to the door? We heard you have guns and drugs and a magistrate agreed we had enough probable cause.

Please come to the door and don't flush or hide any drugs. Don't take time to arm yourself with your probably stolen or illegal weapons.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

Having been a LEO (Deputy Sheriff) it ain't MOST police that worry me. Its the rogues, the kids with a gun and a badge who think they are some kind of righteous and have a desperate control issue. Is that 10% that worry me. Sadly police, fire and a few other professions are mostly union and close ranks and protect those who should have never been there in the first place. All organizations be it the church or IBM always has a rotted edge somewhere. Catholic church and their major homosexual issues that have cost the church in the $ billions over the years.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Knock Knock
    Hey Mr. Bad Guy.
    This is the police. Will you come to the door? We heard you have guns and drugs and a magistrate agreed we had enough probable cause.

Please come to the door and don't flush or hide any drugs. Don't take time to arm yourself with your probably stolen or illegal weapons.

That is a pretty lame point. Are you actually telling us that drug dealer or gangbanger never leaves their home to go get laid, or get groceries...

There is a place and time for no knock raids, but IMO they should be limited to situation where there is an immediate threat for serious injury or death to a crime victim. Aka hostage, kidnapping, barricaded suspect. Property crime ain't it

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    That is a pretty lame point. Are you actually telling us that drug dealer or gangbanger never leaves their home to go get laid, or get groceries...

There is a place and time for no knock raids, but IMO they should be limited to situation where there is an immediate threat for serious injury or death to a crime victim. Aka hostage, kidnapping, barricaded suspect. Property crime ain't it

Not saying that at all. Circumstances dictate and it was not the best example on my part. No knocks are already pretty limited in their execution.
    Drugs or Illegal weapons in a house aren't property crimes either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    If you are watching the events unfold in DC then one might ask the question as to WHY did they have to shoot the woman? Did she shoot at them? Could they have shot out the tires? Maybe put a rd into the engine bay, don't know many cars that can take a rd to the engine bay.

Based upon what I am watching and hearing, she was MURDERED...

Note the news feed is coming from 'Alhurra TV', looks like DC has been taken over by the Muslims, guess this happens when the head Muslim is in the WH.

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Knock Knock
    Hey Mr. Bad Guy.

How about no-knock. Boom. Dust cloud. Dead dog and a guy being woken up, comes out of room with firearm and is shot dead. Oops we had a wrong address, my bad. Innocent guy trying to protect family is dead.

500 potheads flushing product and getting away with it would be better. This so-called war on drugs is asinine and the situation I described does happen:

"The rise of the militarization of domestic policing in the U.S. is coincident with onset of two ongoing “wars”—the “War on Drugs” which began in the 1980s, and the “War on Terror” which began in the early 2000s. Like any other war, these conflicts utilize military personnel, equipment, and tactics to combat and eradicate real and perceived enemies. Because these wars are carried out both internationally and domestically, they have had the effect of transforming the culture and behavior of domestic police. Instead of a narrower focus on “keeping the peace,” many police assume the characteristics of soldiers and have adopted a militaristic strategy in their domestic activities. As per the paradox of government, the fear should be that this progressive militarization of domestic policing will lead the abuse of force and power. Indeed, examples of such abuses abound. There are hundreds of reports involving police use of “no- knock” raids and other tactics resulting the injury or death of unarmed, non-violent or innocent civilians (Cooper 2004; Balko 2006; Brown 2009; Lodge 2011)."

Here is a link to the scholarly paper from the George Mason University Economics Department that the quote was pulled from.

http://www.ccoyne.com/Hall-Coyne-Militarization.pdf

Here is another from the Cato institute:

http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/balko_whitepaper_2006.pdf
    http://www.ccoyne.com/Hall-Coyne-Militarization.pdf

Perhaps there should be additional limits, burdens of proof, and safe-guards put into place. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be used at all for both officer safety and evidence collections concerns, but the the issue appears to bear some extra legislative scrutinization due to the rise of such incidents. Additionally, when it is gotten wrong the agency needs to not turtle up, lawyer up, and shut-up but instead make both restitution and remove the key decision maker from his job.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    ARE we broke?

Yes, we are. We are so deeply in debt that there is probably no solution especially if Obama keeps borrowing money.

To illustrate, I read a discussion about selling off the gold that the US is holding to get us out of debt. The US holds over $370 billion dollars of gold in various depositories. Selling that gold would remove 1/3 of ONE Trillion Dollars that we owe. We owe about 17 TRILLION Dollars if we can believe our rulers. Realistically, selling that much gold would demolish the gold market so it really wouldn't bring that much cash.

Answer........we are screwed and there is NO way out of this debt!

Flash

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    ARE we broke?

Yes, we are. We are so deeply in debt that there is probably no solution especially if Obama keeps borrowing money.

To illustrate, I read a discussion about selling off the gold that the US is holding to get us out of debt. The US holds over $370 billion dollars of gold in various depositories. Selling that gold would remove 1/3 of ONE Trillion Dollars that we owe. We owe about 17 TRILLION Dollars if we can believe our rulers. Realistically, selling that much gold would demolish the gold market so it really wouldn't bring that much cash.

Answer........we are screwed and there is NO way out of this debt!

Flash
    Selling off ALL of our gold would have the same effect as a fart in a tornado or walking over to the Atlantic ocean and taking a pizz thinking that some dude in Spain is scrambling for a life vest...

We DO NOT have a debt problem, we have a SPENDING problem, stop spending and watch the debt disappear, but even if we pay off the debt, if you do not stop spending NOTHING will change, just more debt from continued spending...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Has our government ever told the truth? If they ADMIT to a 17 trillion Dollar debt, you can bet that it's much higher!

Flash

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    True, when I am broke, I don't just keep spending. Just plain stupid

from a non-recovering coffeeholic
    Hey man, you every thought about running for Prez, you got my vote already

Has our government ever told the truth? If they ADMIT to a 17 trillion Dollar debt, you can bet that's much higher!

Flash

Kinda like those phony unemployment numbers. I ran the numbers on the move from 7.8 to 7.7 UE%. Amazingly if only 2.5 milion folks got back to work we will be at 0% UE (something that has never happened)...but there is a small problem, we will still have 21 MILLION people unemployed!!!!!!!!!!

Govt lies...YOU THINK

Top Bottom